cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv remote battery life

Batteries in our remote last about a week (watching tv about 1-2 hours in total). I have seen multiple posts on Internet saying remote is on wifi and it's expected, etc. But I don't belive this at all. Completely unacceptable. Is this a fault, or expected?

Second question. Is there an alternative solution as this is going in bin. Spent enough on batteries to by a TV by this stage. Must be able to use remote, only for netflix and youtube (must not be based on similar hardware)

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A week use of batteries seems short to me.

The batteries on both my NOW Stick and Roku Stick Plus, where both remotes operate over wifi rather than IR or Bluetooth lasts about 4 to 6 weeks for me.

Where my Amazon Fire Stick which the remote runs over Bluetooth, the batteries last around 6 months.

If you want to keep the NOW Stick and don't want to keep replacing the batteries, maybe consider the free Roku Remote App that you can download on your smartphone.

Or see if you can get a refund from the Retailer if purchased within the last year or so.

I am more old school and much perfer a physical remote supplied by the streaming device manufacturer, rather then using an App from my phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm the same. Don't want to use the phone (it's actually for sons room). 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s way too short, and you have a faulty remote.

Is it warm to the touch? There’s a short in there somewhere, not a dead short, but a short across a low resistance path.

Contact Now for a replacement remote, or a whole new remote and Stick, or a refund you can put towards a Roku or Amazon Stick.

Alternatively, run it on rechargeables 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ended up just binning. Brought an amazon fire stick. Works well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

INSTALL on you phone "Roku - Official Remote Control" and control from your device. Works for both Apple and Android phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Don't want to use phone as remote. Ended up binning now tv and got
firestick. Which is much better anyway.