cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app disappeared from smart stick

I purchased a Nowtv Smart stick ten months ago. Last month I noticed the Nowtv app no longer in myapps, but I found it in All Apps menu. Come to watch nowtv tonight and the app has total gone from everywhere on the stick.

Must be a reason it has disappeared ... or is it just time to leave nowtv.

10 REPLIES 10
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User all of my NowTV branded devices have also had the app removed. I think, if this isn't a temporary blip, then it's the final change to the new style layout with access to the service only available through the homepage.

Not an issue to those of us that can navigate it but I know my elderly parents are struggling to find the content they normally watch through the new style.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv are still sell the smart stick, so we should be able to watch our nowtv services on it. 

It a technical issue, hopefully sorted soon or I will leave nowtv ... seems they're having lots of technical problems at moment. Are we seeing the end of nowtv.

RMM71
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User  What Nowtv services can't you access from the new home screen? Have you scrolled down to see what is available?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hate the new layout and if the now TV app has been removed then I may cancel my subscription too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Home page the nowtv app has disappeared. So a search in all Apps found it there, until two days ago when it disappeared from there also. No matter where I look no nowtv app ... so can't watch nowtv.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the homepage is NowTV. All your passes are active and you access them by scrolling down and clicking ok on the appropriate tile on the left of the screen eg highlight the movies tile and press ok, that takes you to the movies section. If you want to watch live TV click on the tile in the top left of the home page to open the TV guide.

IMG_20201101_090939.jpg

IMG_20201101_091006.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976  that is not how my home page looks, photo attached. The nowtv app is not there for me to watch anything. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User that isn't the home page. Press the back arrow button on your remote until you see the spinning circles and the message 'loading homepage'.

If the homepage won't load, then you may need to reset your box.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User before resetting the box (if the homepage isn't appearing), try unplugging the box and your router from the mains and leave them for a few minutes. Then plug your router in and let it go through its start up procedure and you have any internet connection. Once that's done, plug the NowTV box back in.