cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv and amazon firestick

Hi, hoping someone can help.

please can anyone tell me if I can watch my now tv passes on an amazon fire tv stick?

if not could I get a now tv stick and amazon fire stick and swap them over to use both?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope unfortunately the Amazon Fire TV stick doesn't support the NowTV App Smiley Sad

If you mean swapping between the Fire Stick and NowTV Stick because you only have one HDMI port on your television then yes this would be possible but would be a pain in the backside Evey time you wanted to swap devices over on the back of your TV.

Perhaps look at a HDMI hub splitter from Ebay or Amazon where you should pick one up under £10 then you could  connect both the Fire Stick & NowTV Stick into HDMI splitter and saves messing around unplugged and re connecting Sticks and cables.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just set up a Roku stick for someone and it has apps for Amazon, Now TV and Netflix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

IVE JUST SIGNED UP TO NOW CINEMA...

I HAVE A PRE 2015 SAMSUNG TV AND FIRESTICK.

I HAVE TRIED THE FIREFOX BROWSER BUT ALTHOUGH THAT GETS ME INTO THE MOVIES THEY WILL NOT PLAY 'PROTOCOL ERROR'

APART FROM BUYING NEW BITS OF KIT DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WAYS TO GET NOW TO WORK....I RECEIVED A FREE 3 MONTH PASS SO JUST WANTED TO TRY IT

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To watch NowTV you will need something on this list in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reply... so I guess it’s a no with regards to watching on my TV...IPAD works ok but thought I could have downloaded the APP on my tv but apparently not. ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you Samsung Smart TV doesn't support the native inbuilt NowTV App on it and you want to watch via your television screen.

Then you need to use either a NowTV box / Stick, Roku Player, PS4, Xbox One, ATV box gen 3 and above, Youview Box or a Google Chrome Cast (Airplay or screen mirroring doesn't work).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.

At least I know now for sure.

I may buy a NOW stick but watch on my mac for now. Crazy that cannot be used on Firestick. Must be competitive issues not technology.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to educate me. 😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

You can actually install Now TV on the Firestick. You have to sideload it which just means you install it unofficially using an APK file.

It's SUPER easy so don't worry, just follow a guide like this one: https://firestickappstips.com/now-tv-on-firestick/

I just made an account here to let you know as I hate how these companies all try and lock you into their own ecosystems!

Enjoy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What ever you do dont buy a now tv stick. Most dont work, so many threads on here that cant get them to activate!!

And now tv are nowhere to help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also tried installing now tv on fire stick as my stick wouldn't activate and when trying my tv it says cant stream on hdmi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Actually, the last version of Now TV that works on Firestick is apparently 10.4.1 though it brings it's own set if issues and on further reading, it may not work.

I don't use nowtv myself so haven't tried this but there might be a fix for this, might not.