cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv Sticks frozen

Hi there. 

I have two NowTv Sticks which have suddenly become stuck on the homepage. I have rebooted my router and carried out resets on both the sticks. I can only get as far as pairing the remote controls (new batteries fitted) but they won't pair and there are no green lights flashing.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix them?

Many thanks 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the quick access buttons on the NowTV Smart Remote operate with the Stick or are you still stuck on the Home screen ?

If not, then it looks like the remote has lost the wifi connection with the Stick.

You could try following this trouble shooting guide to see if the remote will connect with the Stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

If no joy, see if the Roku Remote App works with a smartphone / tablet with your Sticks, where you can download for free the Roku App from your mobile device Apps Store.

Should you still have no joy, i would be tempted to factory reset one of the Sticks by holding the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds whilst the TV and Stick is powered on to see if you can resolve the problem.

I am a little hesitant suggesting a factory reset because recently a couple of forum members had problems getting their Stick / Box reactivated again with problems with the six digit reactivation code shown on their television screen.

I factory reset a box on this weekend to test out if the above was a common issue and for me it restarted fine.

The only weird thing i noticed it asked me to buy a pass after i signed in with my existing account details, where i have four active passes running, but once i clicked on the button it took me only to My Passes section on my account and then i clicked on the continue button on the television screen with the remote and then everything was setup again and running fine.

I can only assume the buy passes button was maybe a sales tactic by NowTV to see if i would like to buy another pass on my account (i am sure this never used to happen when you factory reset one of their devices in the past). 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the quick access buttons on the NowTV Smart Remote operate with the Stick or are you still stuck on the Home screen ?

If not, then it looks like the remote has lost the wifi connection with the Stick.

You could try following this trouble shooting guide to see if the remote will connect with the Stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

If no joy, see if the Roku Remote App works with a smartphone / tablet with your Sticks, where you can download for free the Roku App from your mobile device Apps Store.

Should you still have no joy, i would be tempted to factory reset one of the Sticks by holding the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds whilst the TV and Stick is powered on to see if you can resolve the problem.

I am a little hesitant suggesting a factory reset because recently a couple of forum members had problems getting their Stick / Box reactivated again with problems with the six digit reactivation code shown on their television screen.

I factory reset a box on this weekend to test out if the above was a common issue and for me it restarted fine.

The only weird thing i noticed it asked me to buy a pass after i signed in with my existing account details, where i have four active passes running, but once i clicked on the button it took me only to My Passes section on my account and then i clicked on the continue button on the television screen with the remote and then everything was setup again and running fine.

I can only assume the buy passes button was maybe a sales tactic by NowTV to see if i would like to buy another pass on my account (i am sure this never used to happen when you factory reset one of their devices in the past).