cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV smart stick issues

Hi, I recently purchased a Now TV smart stick and linked it to our existing Now TV box to watch tv in another room in our home. We registered the smart stick on our Now TV account and was able to watch Now TV, however it has stopped working after one month even though our monthly subscription went out as normal (on 6th May). We can still watch Now TV in  the other room using the Now TV box. How to I rectify the issue please? Thanking you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried all the obvious things? All plugs firmly seated, correct HDMI port selected on tv, white light showing on the stick? You could try doing a factory reset on the stick. To do that, make sure it has power and press and hold the small reset button situated near the stick’s power socket.

Offhand, I can’t think of anything else for you to try at the moment.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried all the obvious things? All plugs firmly seated, correct HDMI port selected on tv, white light showing on the stick? You could try doing a factory reset on the stick. To do that, make sure it has power and press and hold the small reset button situated near the stick’s power socket.

Offhand, I can’t think of anything else for you to try at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark, I tried your suggestion about resetting the stick and it worked! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide comments; much appreciated. Regards

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi, @Anonymous User Glad to be of service. Happy viewing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm new to NOW TV and having trouble with the NOW TV Stick (arrived Saturday) not displaying correctly on our wall-mounted tv. I have checked all connections and many other suggested actions - and even reset twice.  The start-up content overlaps the screen by, I guess, somewhere between 30-50% - so, following information on screen is often guesswork!  Despite this, have looked at some programs, but choices viewed (!?) so far all seem to be oversize and often 'fuzzy/foggy' ... and occasionally programs change from 'ok to view' to being 'so oversize as to be un-watchable'!  If you have any suggestions as to how I can resolve this I'd be very pleased to hear them, as the only thing i can think of is that the NOW TV Stick is defective.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried manually setting the display resolution on the stick? The default setting of “auto” works 99% of the time, but 99% isn’t 100%. It’s possible that the stick is selecting 1080p, but your tv can only accept 1080i, especially if is described as “HD ready”. In that case try 720p and see if that works.

Also, if your tv has an overscan option, try changing the setting. Another possibility is a 50HZ/60HZ problem, but I can’t see an option on the stick to force it to one or the other. Probably buried in a hidden screen somewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark. Many thanks for your reply. I am not 'technical' but had already tried changing the display resolution manually (auto, 1080p and 720p) several times, with no consistent success. A couple of times it seemed to work for a while, then reverted to the 'oversized, fuzzy look' that is simply unwatchable - e.g. yesterday we successfully watched an episode of 'Chernobyl', went to make coffee and the next episode reverted to the 'oversized, unwatchable fuzzy look'!

The Stick appears to be heating up, but i have nothing to compare it with; and the problems only occur when (trying to) view stuff via the NOW TV Stick.  Our tv (Sony) maintains a consistently good screen display at all times and is fine in all other respects ... so i come back to my thinking that the problems all relate to this particular Stick.

Again, many thanks for your efforts, but I think i'll return the Stick and ask for a replacement ... and then i'll have another try!

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I agree, returning the stick for a replacement does seem to be the best option for you. Hope you have better luck next time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again Mark.  One last (hopefully!) question is 'to what address do i return the stick' ?

I'm really struggling to find any online address/contact info, but noticed an address on the back of the red NOW TV box that the stick, remote etc came in:

'SKY CP LIMITED< GRANT WAY< TW& 5QD... 

But then ... i found the delivery box/packaging carries a 'returns' message inside suggesting log-in at 'sky.com/returns', fill in my details and print off a foc Royal Mail return label to re-use that box.  I did and the return address has printed as:

UNIPART TECHNOLOGY LOGISTICS, UNIT 12, HAMILTON WAY, BERMUDA PARK, NUNEATON  CV10 7RL ...

Do you know which of these is the right one, please?  Really would appreciate your further help to get this moving ... thanks.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Grant Way address is their head office, so they wouldn’t be able to handle the return. So it would be the other one. That said, it’s probably a good idea to check with customer services (if they’re available) to let them know that you’re returning the stick and why. Also to confirm the returns address.