cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV - So Slow

First off, I’d like to say I do enjoy NowTV (programming). However, I’m so sick to death of the software. I do also like to enjoy other Apps that NowTV has to offer, but it’s so terribly, terribly slow at loading. From the endless ‘checking connection' / 'loading homepage' messages to the slow loading time between selecting Apps. It’s so bad I have now been forced to buy other 3rd party dongles just to watch the same Apps already available on the NowTV stick. This got worse when NowTV introduced the extremely slow homepage.

Please can the developers behind the software aim to speed the system up. At least by resolving the endless ‘checking connection’ message, it’s so, so frustrating and also no other 3rd party dongles causes such an issue. My only method to speed this bulky issue up, is by going into the app store section and run the original NowTV app, which still runs smooth.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So you have 3 options. 

1. Set the stick back to factory settings. It often squashes bugs on the system

2. Purchase a proper Roku stick, which is far more reliable than the Now TV stick

3. Purchase a Amazon fire stick, in my personal opinion it’s the better of the 2 sticks from Roku and Amazon

As for the “homepage” on Now TV devices, this is the route that Now TV has decided to opt for in afraid. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a stick on the main tv (which I don't often use for catch up) and I agree it's totally dreadful. 

I definitely recommend a roku, they are quick and can be set up to load on apps screen as homepage. 

Very quick and simple.