cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stopped working

Hey. Over the past few days my Now tv screen has changed. By what I can gather there was an update that has screwed it up a lot. I kept getting "sorry Now tv unavailable" or something similar but could still get into view stuff by pressing back button. I also found the now tv app had disappeared but via app store (which took some finding) I could access the old version which I preferred. However I kept getting the "sorry" message at times (whichever version in) and the back button stopped working then it all froze then went back to "sorry.." then it was on the kids page ( which I don't even have a pass for or want). Basically the update has made my smart stick not so smart and ###### my remote. Now don't laugh but because I read on community about doing a reset I tried a reset but now my remote won't pair. I think I made a big mistake trying to reset when the screen was freezing etc and the remote wasn't fully responsive, as I'm stuck now! But everything was fine before the layout change! It seems the update has corrupted my smart stick and/or remote. Live chat has said they will pass this on and I'll get an email. But don't know how long I'll have 2 wait so any suggestions in the meantime? Also do "nowtv" have to replace the stick and/or remote if unusable because their update ###### it?  Yes I've tried the batteries, another port, another tv and our now tv Box works (tho not extensively tried it out), and Wi-Fi working.  I've not posted before so apologies if this ends up somewhere it shouldn't. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the exact same unavailable message with the app now missing. It is possibly a software issue as you mention.

The only issue I've had previous is with signal drop outs for no reason, when every other device was still working. I wondered if this could also be (sometimes) related to the software.

edit - The app seems to be working if I launch it from the app store, so perhaps it has now been fixed, if it's not just a workaround until it is fixed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Yeah I've had a lot of problems with buffering and blurry screens with now tv, but out it down to my broadband as it's the basic type (& I think my current supply is slightly worse than my previous one). Sometimes whether live or not programmes are unwatchable, it never crossed my mind it could be the smart stick at fault with a poor receiver etc.  Can you clear your "sorry" message by pressing the back button or home etc? Or are you frozen as I was. I would say if you are frozen and off/on doesn't work then don't try a reset like me until you get proper advise. Before I did the reset i could mostly get back to watching something except once it froze, but if I had left it to the next day it might of cleared but I'll never know now. With mine though the remote was unresponsive too when the freezing started, the volume and off button didn't even work.  So if yours has frozen don't try the reset without now tv guidance! But try the back button (assuming your remote still works).  It has to be the update that changed the layout that's changed everything or corrupted the stick because it was working until a couple of days ago so it's too much of a coincidence. Good luck with yours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Update to my original post (don't know how to edit it directly).

My main problem has been resolved. After trying all sorts and repeating many times. I left over night and when switched on I tried the take batteries out reset option again and it worked this time! Yey! This wasn't the first time I tried this options so not sure if Now tv fixed the bugs that set off the problem or that I used NEW batteries. Previously i had swapped the working batteries out of another remote, but even though they work elsewhere they refused to work for the smart stick remote; but as I said brand spanking new batteries worked.

Process was: I took batteries out, unplugged power source from stick for 5-6 seconds, reconnected power, when 'set up' screen appears put new batteries in and off I went following all instructions on screen. The instructions are the same you follow when you first activate your now tv smart stick i.e. Wi-Fi details and putting a code in via www.nowtv/tv. But bear in mind I already had performed the factory reset and was stuck on the 'pair my device' screen before carrying out this process so I'm not sure if this would help anyone who were just getting 'sorry' messages rather than being permanently  frozen. All the 'sorry' messages have seemingly gone now though and seems ok now but at this point I haven't tried watching anything.

Unfortunately the now tv app is still missing from 'my apps' and only accessible via appstore.