cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick

So ive had the stick for not even 3 weeks and the thing has just stopped working. Its like the remote control is not working yet it still turns my tv on and off 🤬. Anyone any ideas what i can do? Ive already unplugged, reset, plugged into the wall rather than usb port. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if anything in this linked guide helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if anything in this linked guide helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @schnapps 

I’ll give it a go, thank u 😊

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If nothing works from the link.

Then i would try using has a temporary measure the free Roku Remote Controller App with a smartphone or tablet that you can download for free from your mobile device Apps Store (assuming you own a smartphone or tablet).

You could try factory resetting the stick by holding in the small reset button on the stick for about 10 to 15 seconds (though if the remote is broken then you won't be able to use the Roku App on your mobile to use or operate the stick again).

If still no joy get a replacement stick under warranty from the place you bought it from or ask for a refund.

I don't use the stick myself but i have found with recent software updates on my NowTV 4K Smart box that the remote sometimes becomes unresponsive where for me removing or replacing the batteries on the remote seems to kick start the remote back into life until the next time it locks up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So i tried all the stuff regarding batteries in n out, no luck. Tried the reset button again, this time for a bit longer and it seems to have done the trick 👍🏻 

That is the first time i seemed to have had an issue. Hoping its the last 🤞🏻. I bought the stick with smart remote hoping it would serve me better than the fortune i was paying each month for sky. 

Thanx for ur input tho... defo’s know were to come if i have anymore probs 😂