cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerrie
Advocate

Now tv stick

My remote is flashing green and not working , I have changed batteries, tried troubleshooting, still not working , all I want is a new remote sent out but I can’t go anywhere online on NOWTV account for help as it just brushes me off the chat and sends me here , 

help?!

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Kerrie 

Now don’t sell the Sticks in the UK any more, so you won’t be able to get a new remote from them either.

There are some on eBay, but the one you need is startlingly expensive on there, and you may find it cheaper to get an Amazon Firestick or a Roku Express, and switch to that.

To keep going at the moment, the Roku app for phone or tablet is free, and operates the Now Stick, I believe, but the pairing won’t survive a hard reset, and you need a physical remote to recover after one of those.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Kerrie 

I’ve done some more investigation here and:-

a remote that is flashing green is normally one on which the pairing button has been pressed, and the remote is signalling it is ready to pair, but you have to do the setup bit on the Now Stick by 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

However, if that doesn’t work, then use the Roku app as a remote, as described in my earlier post, to scroll with the Down arrow right to the bottom of the Home Screen. 

This will go past rather slowly, with new rows being added all the time just when you think it has reached the bottom, so keep your finger on that Down arrow until you reach the row of plain icons where the lefthand one says Home (about 27 rows down!)

Then go seven icons right to Settings, and OK that. One down to Remotes, then Right and Down again, choose Set up a new remote, and follow the steps with you physical remote, to see if it will now pair.

If still not, then I think you may be able to get a new remote from Roku that will work:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Voice-Remote-Players-TVs/dp/B09HR2YYN6/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2LVZXL75X98I4&...

I have three remotes here, a Now grey-button one RC158, a Now yellow-button one RC242, and a Roku Streaming Stick+ one RC247.

All are on the same firmware, all physically identical apart from the buttons - though the layout is identical - and the battery cover on the Roku has a small Roku tag on it.

And swapping between my Now Stick, which I have now set up, and the Roku SS+, all three remotes seem to work identically.

Certainly, the Roku SS+ remote, which I believe is identical to the Roku Voice Remote on Amazon, works the Now Stick, and I haven’t been able to find anything it doesn’t do, or that it does different.

So I reckon the Roku Voice Remote is the replacement path for anyone with a failed Now Stick remote. (And if it isn’t, you can send it back to Amazon - nothing lost).

I only wish I’d found all this sooner 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.