cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick/Remote - It just stopped working HELP

My now tv stick just stopped working?? I have no idea how to contact customer service. I’ve changed the batteries and the stick comes on, the remote light is on. When I click buttons nothing happens though... someone help me please
9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if re pairing your remote with the stick works (see link below for instructions).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

If no joy, maybe try a full factory reset on the stick, by holding in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds when both the stick and television is switched on.

Also are you using the supplied power adapter that came with the stick and if not maybe try that with the stick instead of using the USB port on your television for power (just to see if the remote control responds after following the above advice).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this is an old post but I am having this issue and cannot seem to find a fix or under current circumstances, a way to contact CS. I have done a full factory reset six times over the past 3 days. The remote works for about 15 seconds and then stops. The light stays flashing for a while after and eventually stops. I have resorted to downloading and using the remote app but this really isn't good enough. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issues but I can't factory reset my remote I could only get it to work for a couple of seconds if I took the batteries out and put them back in. I've also downloaded the remote on my phone but it's not the same as having a remote, I'm not buying a new remote for £8 when I got the box for £5 when it was on sale to now TVs customers. The light is still flashing and I've tried pairing them but nothing now, doesn't work at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Flashing pairing light, but can't even factory reset. It only stops flashing if I take the batteries out.  As soon as I put them back in it flashes again. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It might seem random, but what make of batteries are you using? 
Are you using brand new Duracell batteries? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
New duracell, then energiser.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Fair enough, it was clutching at straws.

Have a bash at this link it’ll show you ways to do a factory reset without using the remote. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

Hopefully when it’s done it’ll sort out the remote! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Dude! You fixed it! Factory reset did the trick. Thank you!
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Excellent, glad to have helped. Factory resets are usually the best to squash issues.