cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv smart stick stopped working

The now tv smart stick I have suddenly stopped working a few days ago. I can't download the now tv app to the tv its connected to, but the other apps on the tv (iPlayer, itvhub Amazon prime etc etc) all work perfectly. Having tried all the troubleshooting I ultimately did a factory reset on the stick. When I scan for connections it doesn't even bring up my VM router, yet every other device in the room ( including the tv its attached to) connect absolutely fine. Any suggestions welcome

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Couple of things that i would try.

1. See if forcing a low wifi channel on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz on your Router will then show the Network on your NOW Stick.

2. Try Guest Mode on your Virgin Router (if it has this functionality).

3. Temporary move the Stick to another television in the home to see if it can detect your wifi Network.

4. If you own a smartphone with mobile internet data then setup a wifi hotspot on your phone, try that and once detected and checking the software is up to date on the Stick, then see if it can then detect your VM Router.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

One last thing you could try is going into the NOW Stick secret menu by pressing the remote buttons in this order.

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

Then when the hidden menu appears on the television screen select System Operations Menu, then Network Menu, then highlight and click on "Disable Network Pings"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bizarrely this weird combination seems to work thanks. Beforehand I couldn't get past a homescreen asking me to sign up for a Now TV sports member ship and I couldn't access my usual homepage to get to my apps but after following the instructions to get to the secret screen I can now access my usual content - result 😀