cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv smart stick remote not operating my tv’s volume or standby

Hi 🙂 ive recently bought a technika tv from Tesco (their budget exclusive brand, which actually happens to be really good for the price)
The now tv remote won’t opperate the volume or standby on the tv. It worked on my old tv, and all other buttons working. I’ve spoken to now tv and reset the stick to no avail. I’ve been told to contact the retailer (I can’t see me getting anywhere with that to be honest!) Is there anything else I can try? Thanks in advance!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry please ignore as I’ve managed to work it out now 🙂 I can’t believe the now tv employee on live chat didn’t tell me to find the remote settings so I could sort myself, surely he should have known that? Anyway sorry to take up anyone’s time 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry please ignore as I’ve managed to work it out now 🙂 I can’t believe the now tv employee on live chat didn’t tell me to find the remote settings so I could sort myself, surely he should have known that? Anyway sorry to take up anyone’s time 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I am in the exact situation you were. I purchased a Technica TV from Tesco and recently bought a now tv stick for it. 

The controller will not control the volume or standby mode and I have searched the internet trying to see if anyone else was having an issue with this TV brand.

I was wondering if you could explain to me what you did, because it might just work for me!

Sorry to bother you but I am at my wits end!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Perhaps something on this Roku help article will point you in the right direction.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-and-power-on-my-tv-

If the above doesn't help with your Technica TV, then hopefully @Anonymous User will come to your rescue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just wondering if anyone could explain how they got their volume to sync in the remote settings?

I've tried to enter Technika in the remote settings and worked through the has the music stopped playing?' for 10 codes but it does not stop playing unfortunately.

I tried to enter other brands as another separate post suggested so more codes were displayed but still nothing.

Just want the volume to sync up and hoping someone found a way around this! 

Thanks if you can help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not all TV manufacturers and models in their range works with the Smart remote on / off TV standby button and up & down volume buttons on the NowTV Smart Remote.

When you tried other manufacturers have you tried Medion & Sharp instead of Technika who i believe are all manufactured by the same out sourced TV company.

Also, if you have an AV Receiver or Sound Bar in the setup chain, when the Stick or Box is not plugged directly into the HDMI port on your television will effect the codes not being recognised.

When you went through the Technika TV codes did you ignore the music prompts and manually tried every code one by one individually ?

Hopefully another Technika TV owner with the same model number will offer you some further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I have been having the same problem. However, I found the solution that actually works. Go into remote settings, click on setup this remote to control your tv, put in your tv brand and then when it asks you if the music stopped playing, click yes even if it hasn’t. It still works perfectly fine! 

Thank me later

Jack

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous User  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried all of the solutions listed and none worked! So, went through all of the codes and selected no when asked if music stopped. Got a message saying it wouldn't work, chose the try again option, entered brand of TV (Toshiba) and the first code worked!