cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv constantly restarting

My now tv is restarting every few minutes, it has taken me 7 hours to watch 3 40 minute episodes. I have the small black stick that goes into the back of your TV.

I have tried,

Unplugging,

Restarting,

Restarting Internet,

Deleting all apps,

Reinstalling only apps I need,

Deleting Internet and rejoining.

It still turns off every 1-4 minutes, it's extremely irritating followed by ads that take up most of that time resulting in 1 minute of actual programme each time.

What is wrong with now tv today? I've never had this problem before.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for this, I dont know what else to try, I've tried changing cables also now and it still hasn't fixed it. Driving me mad. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How hot to the touch is the stick?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A little but no more than its always been.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 it doesn’t appear to be a WiFi issue as I tried my phone data. It’s let me watch 45 minutes of a film on Netflix through the stick, but won’t let me watch more than 5 minutes of the channel 4 app. I’m going to try the live chat…thanks for the link 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let me know if they help at all because mine is the same. 

Ella
Advocate

Mines been doing the same and now my broadband with them is completely down and can’t get hold of anyone online or on the phone

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you, I will try changing my cables and see if that works, 

When it reboots it does the the now tv symbol with the cycle buffer underneath like I've just turned it on, then goes straight to home page. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep same on pc, in 2022 just keeps on resetting to start after ads