cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv constantly restarting

My now tv is restarting every few minutes, it has taken me 7 hours to watch 3 40 minute episodes. I have the small black stick that goes into the back of your TV.

I have tried,

Unplugging,

Restarting,

Restarting Internet,

Deleting all apps,

Reinstalling only apps I need,

Deleting Internet and rejoining.

It still turns off every 1-4 minutes, it's extremely irritating followed by ads that take up most of that time resulting in 1 minute of actual programme each time.

What is wrong with now tv today? I've never had this problem before.

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you say "Restarted" have you tried setting the stick back to factory settings?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

Have you tried using your phone data just as a test?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have done a factory reset which still hasn't resolved it. 

My WiFi is working fine so I know its not that. 

Also what do u mean using my phone data? Its on my TV not my phone I'm using.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say the Stick is restarting constantly is that it's rebooting or jumping back to the home screen or something else ?

Looks like you have done most things that i would have tried apart from a reboot or full factory reset on the Router.

Have you tried a different HDMI port on the television or  temporary test the Stick on another television in your home.

How is the Stick powered just in case it's power related ?

Does the white light on the Stick intermittently not show or blink when watching NOW ?

Are you using the supplied adapter plug or using a USB port rated at 5V DC 900ma from your television ?

Can you try both options if your television has the correct USB specification.

If you have a spare USB Standard to USB micro cable, then try that as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It reboots, like I've just turned it on and it loads for a while.

I've done factory reset, and reset my wireless router also.

Its powered by mains and the light is on constantly. Yes using the cables provided. The stick is not that old only about 1 Yr. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say it reboots is it like if you temporary unplug the power to the Stick or your get a buffering spinning circle on screen ?

Sounds like either, power or internet related.

Just to eliminate the power feed to the Stick, would your television have a 5V DC 900ma USB port on it to try or would you have a USB phone charger for example rated at 5V DC 1A or higher ?

Would be useful if you used a different USB Standard to USB micro cable as well if possible to eliminate the cable also out of the equation.

Did you try a different HDMI port and can you test the Stick on a different television if possible ?

Can you also try a different wifi frequency on your Router and wifi channel.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

TBH Guys

Sounds like Twiglet's NOW stick has developed a problem, which was similar to the fault my Now TV white box developed back in the day (2016). When the problem started I knew my white box time was up and so I swapped it out for the Now TV black box, which was a nice piece of kit back then, i.e. 2015/16.

Anyway, rather than keep messing around with the NOW stick, Twiglet may be better off purchasing an Amazon Fire stick instead.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's just annoying as it not that old.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been having his trouble too, it started last night. I’ve tried the restart, reboot & factory reset & nothing works. I’m thinking it’s time to buy a new stick, but mine is only about a year old too. So annoying. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is it possible you could try testing with your phone data as a hot spot?

Head onto live chat to report the fault. Just make sure to click "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

You could also send an email to customer support with videos/pictures if you think it will help, address in the below picture. 

gavs82008_0-1629452257862.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help