cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv boost not working.

Just signed up to the Boost free trial but nothing is showing up as 1080p or 5.1 on tv or phone app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here does it show you have started the 7 day Boost Trial and on the same page does it also show your cinema and entertainment passes are active ?

Also i am assuming your entertainment & movies passes are not part of a Vodafone deal ?

Apart from that, i can only suggest try signing out of the NowTV App on your television, then temporary unplugging the power to the TV for say a minute, then restart the television and log back into the App with your account details that you double checked on here.

If that doesn't work perhaps a fresh install of the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

Otherwise see if a Samsung Samsung TV owner can come along and offer you some assistance or try NowTV live chat.

Because i don't own a Samsung TV i don't know what the 7830 figure equates too, where NowTV are quoting somewhere around 12 Mbps to use their Boost Pass service.

i am guessing none of the new movies such has Captain Marvel is showing the HD 5.1 symbol next too it.

Also i haven't got a Boost Pass my end to check. 

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a black nowtv box with blue writing on it and Iv activated the boost pass but non of the movies are showing as hd. Is there a reason for this or am I missing something 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try signing out of NowTV on the device and signing in again.

I, like others, had to do this in one case.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect. Thank you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

Just ordered my Now tv Boost passes like an hour ago, I don't know if it takes a day to register all my channels because I can't watch all my sports channels. 

If it helps, I bought this with and offer for 3months ??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing the 3 month offer is not a Mobile Sports Pass where the Boost pass doesn't work.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass 

With a Mobile Sports Pass you are only entitled to five Sky Sports Channels (see above link).

If you have a full blown Sports Pass (not Mobile).

Then on your main playback device such has a NowTV Box / Stick, Games Console, LG or Samsung Smart TV, sign out of the NowTV App and sign back in again to trigger the Boost Pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

• My entrainment and sky cinema passes i ordered hasn't come on yet