cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv boost not working.

Just signed up to the Boost free trial but nothing is showing up as 1080p or 5.1 on tv or phone app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here does it show you have started the 7 day Boost Trial and on the same page does it also show your cinema and entertainment passes are active ?

Also i am assuming your entertainment & movies passes are not part of a Vodafone deal ?

Apart from that, i can only suggest try signing out of the NowTV App on your television, then temporary unplugging the power to the TV for say a minute, then restart the television and log back into the App with your account details that you double checked on here.

If that doesn't work perhaps a fresh install of the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

Otherwise see if a Samsung Samsung TV owner can come along and offer you some assistance or try NowTV live chat.

Because i don't own a Samsung TV i don't know what the 7830 figure equates too, where NowTV are quoting somewhere around 12 Mbps to use their Boost Pass service.

i am guessing none of the new movies such has Captain Marvel is showing the HD 5.1 symbol next too it.

Also i haven't got a Boost Pass my end to check. 

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I think so, only pay one bill to NOW for everything.

Doesn't look like there is a resolve, which is a shame as I have been quite loyal to NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My boost is working on entertainment but NEVER works on any live sports channels !! Will cancel if not sorted

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean by not working on Sports channels?

Do you have an LG TV or Xbox? Where 50fps isn’t supported.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a 2021 build LG tv which I thought would support 50fps but I’ll have to check spec now.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

LG is not a device supported by NOW for 50fps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think 7830 streaming quality is full HD as normally it shows 4830. This morning I signed out of the app on TV as suggested. When I signed back in the account menu had a settings option next to the Now TV Boost active pass. In these settings i could choose between stereo and surround sound. 

Went to my watchlist on now there is plenty of Full HD and 5.1

So it seems signing out then back in solved the problem

Thanks for your help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it does both orderd yesterday 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why ain't on i ordered yesterday 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it does show I've ordered it

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I'm also getting about 7830 on Sky Cinema and will have HD next to the channel name to show it's playing in HD which wasn't showing prior to the power boost