cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv boost not working.

Just signed up to the Boost free trial but nothing is showing up as 1080p or 5.1 on tv or phone app.

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now tv boost not working.

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here does it show you have started the 7 day Boost Trial and on the same page does it also show your cinema and entertainment passes are active ?

Also i am assuming your entertainment & movies passes are not part of a Vodafone deal ?

Apart from that, i can only suggest try signing out of the NowTV App on your television, then temporary unplugging the power to the TV for say a minute, then restart the television and log back into the App with your account details that you double checked on here.

If that doesn't work perhaps a fresh install of the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

Otherwise see if a Samsung Samsung TV owner can come along and offer you some assistance or try NowTV live chat.

Because i don't own a Samsung TV i don't know what the 7830 figure equates too, where NowTV are quoting somewhere around 12 Mbps to use their Boost Pass service.

i am guessing none of the new movies such has Captain Marvel is showing the HD 5.1 symbol next too it.

Also i haven't got a Boost Pass my end to check. 

View solution in original post

31 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly the Boost Pass will not work on any mobile device.

With regards to your television what is the make and model number ?

Also have a read of this link below with a table of what devices are supported with the Boost Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tv is Samsung UE49KS7500. 

I've got 2 months entertainment pass and 3 months cinema.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but the first thing i would check is to go into the NowTV App on the television, then navigate to My Account on the TV App to see if it shows the Boost Pass active.

Then read these instructions on how to setup the 5.1 audio (click the green arrow next to Samsung TV to expand the on screen information).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings 

Then try and watch a movie or TV show that has the HD and 5.1 icon symbol next to it.

Also have a read of this for further information on the Boost Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I dont have an option on the app for surround sound and although nothing is showing as HD the stream quality on the film I'm watching shows 7830?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here does it show you have started the 7 day Boost Trial and on the same page does it also show your cinema and entertainment passes are active ?

Also i am assuming your entertainment & movies passes are not part of a Vodafone deal ?

Apart from that, i can only suggest try signing out of the NowTV App on your television, then temporary unplugging the power to the TV for say a minute, then restart the television and log back into the App with your account details that you double checked on here.

If that doesn't work perhaps a fresh install of the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

Otherwise see if a Samsung Samsung TV owner can come along and offer you some assistance or try NowTV live chat.

Because i don't own a Samsung TV i don't know what the 7830 figure equates too, where NowTV are quoting somewhere around 12 Mbps to use their Boost Pass service.

i am guessing none of the new movies such has Captain Marvel is showing the HD 5.1 symbol next too it.

Also i haven't got a Boost Pass my end to check. 

View solution in original post

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I'm also getting about 7830 on Sky Cinema and will have HD next to the channel name to show it's playing in HD which wasn't showing prior to the power boost

RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

I’m running the NowTV app on my Samsung UE55JS9000, and I plan to obtain a Boost Pass tomorrow for my account, and then to try it out over my 20Mbps BT Broadband.

I’ll let you know how that goes, and if it throws any light on your difficulties here, @Anonymous User 

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think 7830 streaming quality is full HD as normally it shows 4830. This morning I signed out of the app on TV as suggested. When I signed back in the account menu had a settings option next to the Now TV Boost active pass. In these settings i could choose between stereo and surround sound. 

Went to my watchlist on now there is plenty of Full HD and 5.1

So it seems signing out then back in solved the problem

Thanks for your help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signing out then back in solved it for me.🙂🙂