cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv boost not working.

Just signed up to the Boost free trial but nothing is showing up as 1080p or 5.1 on tv or phone app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here does it show you have started the 7 day Boost Trial and on the same page does it also show your cinema and entertainment passes are active ?

Also i am assuming your entertainment & movies passes are not part of a Vodafone deal ?

Apart from that, i can only suggest try signing out of the NowTV App on your television, then temporary unplugging the power to the TV for say a minute, then restart the television and log back into the App with your account details that you double checked on here.

If that doesn't work perhaps a fresh install of the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

Otherwise see if a Samsung Samsung TV owner can come along and offer you some assistance or try NowTV live chat.

Because i don't own a Samsung TV i don't know what the 7830 figure equates too, where NowTV are quoting somewhere around 12 Mbps to use their Boost Pass service.

i am guessing none of the new movies such has Captain Marvel is showing the HD 5.1 symbol next too it.

Also i haven't got a Boost Pass my end to check. 

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly the Boost Pass will not work on any mobile device.

With regards to your television what is the make and model number ?

Also have a read of this link below with a table of what devices are supported with the Boost Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tv is Samsung UE49KS7500. 

I've got 2 months entertainment pass and 3 months cinema.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but the first thing i would check is to go into the NowTV App on the television, then navigate to My Account on the TV App to see if it shows the Boost Pass active.

Then read these instructions on how to setup the 5.1 audio (click the green arrow next to Samsung TV to expand the on screen information).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings 

Then try and watch a movie or TV show that has the HD and 5.1 icon symbol next to it.

Also have a read of this for further information on the Boost Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I dont have an option on the app for surround sound and although nothing is showing as HD the stream quality on the film I'm watching shows 7830?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here does it show you have started the 7 day Boost Trial and on the same page does it also show your cinema and entertainment passes are active ?

Also i am assuming your entertainment & movies passes are not part of a Vodafone deal ?

Apart from that, i can only suggest try signing out of the NowTV App on your television, then temporary unplugging the power to the TV for say a minute, then restart the television and log back into the App with your account details that you double checked on here.

If that doesn't work perhaps a fresh install of the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

Otherwise see if a Samsung Samsung TV owner can come along and offer you some assistance or try NowTV live chat.

Because i don't own a Samsung TV i don't know what the 7830 figure equates too, where NowTV are quoting somewhere around 12 Mbps to use their Boost Pass service.

i am guessing none of the new movies such has Captain Marvel is showing the HD 5.1 symbol next too it.

Also i haven't got a Boost Pass my end to check. 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

I’m running the NowTV app on my Samsung UE55JS9000, and I plan to obtain a Boost Pass tomorrow for my account, and then to try it out over my 20Mbps BT Broadband.

I’ll let you know how that goes, and if it throws any light on your difficulties here, @Anonymous User 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signing out then back in solved it for me.🙂🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you got it sorted, enjoy 👍.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

And probably @everybody else, as I think there is a problem here.

I ordered my Boost pass on my iPad. Pleased I could do this, even though the iPad version of NowTV doesn’t support the Boost processing. 

First, I went into our HD 32in M5520, with the NowTV app on the attached Stick, and started S1E1 of Succession. It came up as HD and 5.1, and there was video (which I felt took a little longer than before to appear, perhaps due to starting a stream enhanced from what it used to be) but no audio.

So I went to My Account, where there was a Settings button beside the Boost Pass entry, and saw it was set to 5.1. recalling some of the earlier messages in this thread, I went into the Settings option in the Stick menu, and toggled the audio settings to Automatic.

After that, the sound came back, and all was well.

I’ve just fired up the JS9000, the NowTV app in the Smart Hub, and that was still running at 720p with stereo; both video and audio present, but unchanged from before.

Went to My Account, and there was the Boost Pass, but with no button beside it to change anything (Bug 1).

So I signed out, as per @Anonymous User , and signed in again. tried ion (that’s Succession without success) - still 720p, stereo. (Worth a try, but not entirely unexpected, so I’m not calling Bug here).

But now My Account/Boost Pass did have the button, set to stereo still, so I toggled it to 5.1 Surround Sound, and voila! Succession now showed the entries for HD and 5.1, and was playing both.

The Settings button on the Boost Pass is now a fixture; in case I want to toggle back to stereo, I guess, Which I tried; nice big banner to tell me what I had done, but when I went back to Succession, it was still showing HD and 5.1. But my sound bar was no longer showing the illuminated  ‘SUR.’ that it had when Settings was 5.1.

So is NowTV getting the HD/5.1 copy here, as the flags indicate, but busting the sound back to stereo, or what? If so, though, it is misleading to show the 5.1 flag on the screen; and this is Bug 2 maybe.

Switching to NowTV on my Roku Streaming Stick+, the Settings button on the NowTV Boost does appear, and come up selected, but it says ‘Settings’ in off-white on brilliant white; you have to squint to be sure it is there at all. Bug 3.

Going to Succession, again, without touching that button, the screen shows HD and 5,1, but the soundbar doesn’t light up its SUR. indicator.  Going back to the button, it tells us we are in Stereo, but we must go to Home>Settings>Audio to change this; we can’t do it in the button.

But there, it’s already set for Audio Mode Auto and HDMI Auto detect. Which is detecting Dolby Digital, DTS.

But still no SUR. when I go back to Succession, and no sound either.

So it’s back to Auto, which says it’s Dolby Digital, DTS, so we can watch stuff. But it doesn’t light up SUR.

So that’s where I’ve got to. Now I need to go and lie down in a darkened room and read the soundbar manual. But it’s defeated me so far.

And it shouldn’t be this hard 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.