cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now stick

Hi I have a new device and I'm entering the 6 digit code into my phone like it says and it saying there is a error we waited for a new code to refresh and it done the same any ideas 

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you use a different Internet browser.

Also when typing the Web page link on your url address bar make sure it doesn't auto correct to a different NOW wepage.

It is also important if you are for example a UK customer that the Stick was purchased from a UK retailer and the website link has a gb in the middle.

Where if you are a Republic of Ireland customer the Stick needs to be purchased from ROI and the website link for the code should say ie on the television screen. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got mine from argos

It worked 6 months ago but not now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try this direct link if it's a UK spec Stick and you are a UK customer.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

There was a couple of Sticks in the past sold on Ebay that was intended for the Republic of Ireland Market and was sold in error to UK customers and they will not work with the activation code.

Check the box packing and the activation code message on your television screen if the Stick is for the correct region. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Also if using a VPN then disable it and if no luck with the smartphone try another device with an Internet browser on it.

I just remembered that from memory another forum member had a similar issue and rebooting the power on their Router worked for them when entering the new refreshed activation code on their television screen after a reboot on their Router. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Second thoughts it might have been unplugging the power to the Stick for a minute or so rather than a reboot of the Router.

Perhaps do both if the Stick spec is the correct region it was designed to be sold for. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Hi@@Anonymous User ,

I had the same issue yesterday and got on to a NowTV rep on live chat. They said it's an issue at their end and they would email me when they fixed it.

That was yesterday, no e-mail yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can now get past the activation code, but now I get the eternal 'Sorry, NOW is currently unavailable'.

Gah.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using any ad blocking software on your Router ?

Does the message pop up when trying to watch NOW or still during the NOW branded device setup ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I am.

I got it working by whitelisting the following URLs:

smetrics.sky.com
display.ravm.tv
scribe.logs.roku.com

I then connected it to my phone's hotspot to get it started, then reconnected to the house Wifi and it seems to be working now.

Still no email from the live chat folks mind you 🙄