cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now stick replacement remote

Hi newbie. Lost my yellow remote messed around with ssid on router,bought new router, cannot remember old ssid and password.

Replaced remote following faq to sky accessories, remote arrived, no buttons to pair.

Bin the lot or is there a way through?

All words of wisdom appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just had a look over on the Sky Accessories Store website shop and it looks like they are out of stock of the voice smart remote for £8 which is the remote necessary to pair with the NowTV Stick on your new Router.

Can only suggest, send the £4 stick back for a refund and look elsewhere such has Ebay etc for a NowTV voice smart remote controller compatible with the NowTV Stick.

Or look on the internet for a New Stick c/w remote and the bundled voucher pass deals at a good price.

Or see if you own another suitable supported device from the list linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The yellow remote is the newer voice smart remote that comes with the nowTV stick.

When you bought a replacement remote from the Sky Store Shop was it the smart voice remote which costs £8 and not the older £4 remote from the Sky Accessories Store that won't be compatible to pair with your NowTV Stick.

Do you still have the old Router and have you got a smartphone or tablet ?

If so, you could try downloading the Free Roku Remote App from your mobile device Apps Store and see if it will respond to remote commands using the wifi off the old Router and your stick.

Should you have factory reset the stick then the above will not work.

Otherwise you will need the correct NowTV smart voice remote for your NowTV Stick or look at buying a new streaming Stick or Box complete with a new supplied remote controller.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks. @schnapps I bought the only one I could see, £4. I followed the faq link and that's where. I landed. Unfortunately all the old kit has gone and I've reset the stick.

I've thrown myself at the mercy of Sky shop. I don't think there's much more left.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just had a look over on the Sky Accessories Store website shop and it looks like they are out of stock of the voice smart remote for £8 which is the remote necessary to pair with the NowTV Stick on your new Router.

Can only suggest, send the £4 stick back for a refund and look elsewhere such has Ebay etc for a NowTV voice smart remote controller compatible with the NowTV Stick.

Or look on the internet for a New Stick c/w remote and the bundled voucher pass deals at a good price.

Or see if you own another suitable supported device from the list linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv