cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now stick remote

My now TV stick remote has stopped working. Fitted new batteries but still dead. Now TV help totally useless and skystore payment system appears to be broken. Anyone got any ideas how I can get a new remote please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

While you had the battery lid off, did you try pressing the black button you can see there? This will hard reset the remote, and might bring it back to life, though you will still probably need to re-pair it with the Stick after that.

But if it stays dead, how old is it? You could take it, and the Stick, back where you bought it, and get a replacement, if it’s less than a year old and still under warranty.

Failing that, the path of least resistance is to get a new Stick from Curry’s or Argos while they are still doing the £15 deal with two month’s Entertainment, which makes it a net £5, which a replacement remote might cost you anyway.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

While you had the battery lid off, did you try pressing the black button you can see there? This will hard reset the remote, and might bring it back to life, though you will still probably need to re-pair it with the Stick after that.

But if it stays dead, how old is it? You could take it, and the Stick, back where you bought it, and get a replacement, if it’s less than a year old and still under warranty.

Failing that, the path of least resistance is to get a new Stick from Curry’s or Argos while they are still doing the £15 deal with two month’s Entertainment, which makes it a net £5, which a replacement remote might cost you anyway.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks Roy. I figured this out and came to the same conclusion. Great minds?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Many thanks Roy. I figured this out and came to the same conclusion. Great minds?

Almost certainly. Though my old granny used to say ‘Great minds think alike; fools seldom differ’ Smiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my remote and stick have stopped working at exactly a year old changed batteries reset device nothing