cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now stick not working after following instructions

I have had a Now tv stick for a while. Any problems were simply sorted. Last night the remote stopped working. Changed the batteries this morning and hard reset my stick. When it came back on it would not select English. So I followed the instructions took the batteries out and unplugged the stick. Waited 5 secs. Then plugged it back in expecting the Now tv startup screen or the home page but got nothing.

What now? 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Purchase an Amazon fire stick. Sounds like you’ve done all the standard troubleshooting and unfortunately it could be dying on you?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mya
Mentor

I am having the same issue, I have a fire stick in the front room which I’ve been using for a week but now we wanna watch tv in the front room and bedroom I don’t know what to do 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mya 

A fire stick is completely different to a NOW stick, made be different companies.

Fire stick is Amazon. 

RoyB
Legend

@Mya 

(I am assuming you are trying to hijack this thread rather than starting your own, unless you really do have a Now stick that has stopped working, plus a Firestick that is still working. But if that is really the case, please say so).

What are the TV models in the front room and bedroom respectively?

You can check if there is, or you can get, the Now app directly on either or both TVs.

Or, failing, that, whether you might have another device you can use in the bedroom:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Otherwise, you could buy another Firestick to use in the bedroom. Or just unplug the Firestick in the lounge, and carry it through to the bedroom when you want it in there; it should remember its account settings even when unplugged, so you won’t have to sign in again.

If you want both at once though, you will need not only to have a second source of the Now app, but also to buy Boost, if you don’t already have it, £5 for the first month and whatever you can blag on a retention offer after that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Mya
Mentor

@RoyB 

I’ve just realised what I’ve said. Sorry, I mean I have a NOW stick but it’s broken on me too. I’ve followed all the instructions and it’s still not working. I’ve been using the fire stick from the front room in the meantime but now we need to use both TVs at the same time I’m going to need to somehow fix my NOW stick, unless I can buy a replacement remote because that seems to be the issue. 

sorry for the confusion 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mya 

Normally a factory reset to a NOW stick should resolve any issues. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

If I were you, I'd buy another Amazon Fire stick and ditch the NOW one.