cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now not working on roku box

On my roku box now does not appear as a channel in the channel list. When I search for channels it comes up with the new look and looks like its downloaded but when I click go to channel it does nothing. U hear the selection noise from the roku but nothing. I've removed the channel and readded it and restarted the roku a number of times but it just does nothing. 

Can anyone suggest anything?

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've reported to chat and they said the same, its being investigated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

been on live chat. sending it to tech team so will have to wait and see. 

Im not with vodaphone and have a UK isp.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm with Virgin and having the same problems with my Roku box.

ettyg
Mentor

I had the same kind of chat this morning, so 5 days later they're still trying to squirm out of it. A person called Pavan has said he rushed through my concerns, but in light of the comments here i'm not holding my breath. Getting more frustrated every day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been on again this morning to chase up. I have an outstanding case re one of my streaming sticks. Ironically this roku stick worked at first, then they changed something and my other stick worked and this one didn't.

Said my issue along with all of yours are still being dealt with, said "shouldn't be long now, still with the tech team".

Take that with a pinch of salt, but hopefully they it sorted soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem was fixed the same day - just do a software update on your Roku device. The updated app runs without issues - does on my roku anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might have been fixed for some people, but it's still broken for me and apparently plenty of others too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Did they say the problem was fixed yesterday or today? The Now tv app does not launch properly on my roku stick it keeps going back to the home screen.  Pretty much tried everything. Uninstall, reinstall, switching everything off, update Roku, seceret screen Roku update, try to start with the voice function and search function.  This was last night and it still would work.  Any thoughts?

Zakasia
Advocate

I’ve been having the same problem, so I read all the comments on this string and spotted someone mention a possible isp problem, this got me thinking so I connected my Roku to my phones hotspot and low and behold Now worked, was this the trigger that it needed. I then went back to settings and rejoined the Roku to my Wi-Fi and Now works, I then restarted my Roku to see if would still work after the reboot and it does, is this the cure? I’ll just have wait and see, hope this helps.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

See if your Router is showing a UK IP location using this tool below.

Should it be showing a IP location outside the UK, then get in touch with your ISP.

https://www.whatismyip.com