cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now not working on roku box

On my roku box now does not appear as a channel in the channel list. When I search for channels it comes up with the new look and looks like its downloaded but when I click go to channel it does nothing. U hear the selection noise from the roku but nothing. I've removed the channel and readded it and restarted the roku a number of times but it just does nothing. 

Can anyone suggest anything?

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats exactly what I get!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just wondering if there is something on your Router or ISP is preventing the NOW update ?

My update of the NOW App was straight forward on the Roku Stick Plus and i was up & running using the NOW new look home screen within 2 or 3 minutes.

The new NOW home screen on my Roku looks virtually identical to my Fire Stick and Youview box from first glance.

I am with NOW Fab Fibre using their Hub 2 Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The strange thing is that you can search for and install the NowTV app but it refuses to open either manually or by using the voice command.

All the other apps install fine..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It sounds to me there is something preventing the update on the Router.

Perhaps if everybody can post their ISP and Router model, to see if there is a common pattern emerging for people who are encountering a problem updating the NOW App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are the Apps not hosted by Roku themselves? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you do the updates, the % bar goes to 100%, as if downloading OK. The Roku box then says download OK. You can re check software  update and it says up-to-date. You can run the new app (not from the home page - icon not there) , and you get the new NOW flash screen with the green logo, but then it stops and goes back to the start.

I'm with Vodafone with their router

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm. I’m also with Vodafone. 🧐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive just disabled the router firewall and download again - same result.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you could be right about a problem with the download.This is the loop

Check for new software - downloads and then get OK

Select OK. Click on "Check Now" again for new software - says " software up to date".  Click OK

Find the new NOW channel (not on home screen, but under "add channel". Box has a tick meaning already installed) Icon is the new green NOW icon

Select Go to  Channel - get new green NOW flash screen for 2-3 seconds, then reverts to previous add channel screen.

Now check system for software update - find NEW update, downloading  - software up to date, etc, etc, etc

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just been over to NOW Twitter and apparently they are aware of it and it's currently under investigation.

I would still report it to NOW live chat.

When reporting it to live chat, tell them your ISP to see if there is a common denominator apart from Roku and the NOW App.