cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now not working on roku box

On my roku box now does not appear as a channel in the channel list. When I search for channels it comes up with the new look and looks like its downloaded but when I click go to channel it does nothing. U hear the selection noise from the roku but nothing. I've removed the channel and readded it and restarted the roku a number of times but it just does nothing. 

Can anyone suggest anything?

44 REPLIES 44
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you have a full blown Roku Player if you are mentioning channels.

NowTV have had a rebrand and maybe the NOW App (channel) might be corrupted.

First thing i would try is a reboot on your Roku Player and Router plus try a different HDMI port on your television.

If that doesn't help try check for updates :-

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your Roku remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Should you still have no joy, would you have another television in the home to test the Roku Player on ?

Still no joy, maybe factory reset the Roku Player and start from scratch again.

Should you be using a VPN, then maybe disable it when attempting to download and watch the NOW App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This fix has not worked. The NOW TV app is not working on ROKU. Please investigate. Stopped working today with this new "improved" NOW app. @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue on my Roku Ultra. I contacted Roku and they said it’s a NowTV issue. Almost certainly the new improved App they’ve just rolled out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Going to check my Roku Stick Plus in the next 10 minutes to see if i am having the same problem.

Out of curiosity are you using an official UK supplied Roku Player or did you import them from the USA ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just tested my Roku Stick Plus and the new NOW App automatically updated when i clicked on the old style App.

It took me about 2 to 3 minutes to load the App and now i am greeted with the new look home screen NOW page (that looks similar to my NOW Stick & NOW 4K box including Bonus Sports Streams which wasn't available before on my Roku Player).

Maybe get in touch with NOW Live Chat if you are encountering problems.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn’t work on Roku Ultra. The NowTV app doesn’t appear on the Home Screen even though it said it installed. The only way to access the app is to search for it but even the it won’t load. Briefly you get the old logo and then the new and then nothing.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to delete the app and search for NOW to download again?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, of course.  I see there are now people with Amazon Firesticks reporting the same problem. Clearly a bug with a the new app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Yes many many times…

I contacted Roku and they said nothing to do with them talk to NowTV.

I contacted NowTV and they also said nothing to do with us talk to Roku.