cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now devices offline

We have 3 now TV sticks in various rooms. All working fine until the same time last night they all went offline.

We've tried resetting the Internet and we've reset all the sticks.

Everytime we try to set up connection again none of the 3 sticks find our broadband even though it is on and all other Internet devices in the house are working fine.

I've checked that there isn't issues with now TV in the area which says there isn't so I'm at a loss of what to do now to get them back online. 

Now works fine on phones/tablets etc still so it's just an issue with the 3 sticks rather than my account. 

Any suggestions welcome thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So when you go into the Stick Settings under Network, Set up Connection, Wireless and on the list of networks on the television screen you only see your 2.4ghz network ?

If you can't find the Stick Settings, then from the NOW Home screen page, click the back button on the Stick remote to reveal a side tab on the left hand side of the screen with an option to click on Settings.

The television with the Stick is connected is it the nearest room to where your Router is located ?

If not maybe temporary plug in the Stick to the nearest television if you have more than one television in the home to see if there is two wifi networks available from your Router and try both of them.

From memory the Stick runs on WiFi channels 1 to around 13 on 2.4ghz and between somewhere around 36 to 48 (might be wrong with the channel number figures) on 5ghz.

So apart from changing the bands try different wifi channels around the numbers i have quoted above and start with the low channel numbers off your Router across both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi can you explain how to change wifi channels I'm stuck and have the same problem it's been since we changed internet supplier