cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now devices offline

We have 3 now TV sticks in various rooms. All working fine until the same time last night they all went offline.

We've tried resetting the Internet and we've reset all the sticks.

Everytime we try to set up connection again none of the 3 sticks find our broadband even though it is on and all other Internet devices in the house are working fine.

I've checked that there isn't issues with now TV in the area which says there isn't so I'm at a loss of what to do now to get them back online. 

Now works fine on phones/tablets etc still so it's just an issue with the 3 sticks rather than my account. 

Any suggestions welcome thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you say that you have "reset the sticks", is this a factory reset you are performing or just switching it off and on again?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

Have you tried using your phone as a hotspot to see if you can connect the sticks to your mobile data?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started off with switching them all off and back on again but when that didn't work I did a factory reset. Still not finding our broadband after that though 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Who is your ISP ?

I am assuming you have lost internet connection to all three Sticks ?

Have you tried another WiFi channel on your Router or if you have a dual band Router, try both 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi networks with the Sticks by going into the Sticks Settings under Network, Setup new Wireless connection (even if your other internet connected devices run on your Router).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

Just had another read of your post and form my understanding it looks like you have NOW Broadband.

When you lost the connection to the three NOW Sticks it may have been related to a Router issue (even if the other internet devices are back up and running).

If you haven't reset the Router by holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds and maybe splitting the two wifi networks again and then trying the different wifi channels or both wifi bands on the Sticks.

Here's the information on how to separate the two wifi bands if you haven't done it already.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Shall I assume this post was meant for @Anonymous User ?😋

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @gavs82008 

Just had another read of your post and form my understanding it looks like you have NOW Broadband.

When you lost the connection to the three NOW Sticks it may have been related to a Router issue (even if the other internet devices are back up and running).

If you haven't reset the Router by holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds and maybe splitting the two wifi networks again and then trying the different wifi channels or both wifi bands on the Sticks.

Here's the information on how to separate the two wifi bands if you haven't done it already.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

Yep it was.

I have three guest french bull dogs running around the house and they are doing my head in and i can't concentrate when online 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My isp is vodaphone.

Tried another WiFi channel this morning, also tried to set up a new wireless connection but the sticks aren't finding our broadband at all doing that either. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So splitting the Vodafone Router over 2.4ghz and 5ghz didn't help ?

Have you tried to factory reset your Router back to it's default shipped settings.

Did you try what @gavs82008 mentioned about using your smartphone has a temporary wifi hotspot if you have mobile internet data on your phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My nowtv stick only connects to 2.4hz whilst everything else is on 5. Can't seem to change this