cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv stick and Roku box

Hi. I have a Roku box and a NowTV monthly sports’ pass. I know that I cannot access Sky Red Button through the Roku but I understand that if I buy a NowTV stick I could do so. If I buy a new stick how does that affect my existing account registered through the Roku box here and at my daughter’s house? Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As long as you don't log out on the other device it will continue to work as it does currently. 

As for "red button" this is called bonus streams, and all active bonus streams will be avaliable on the "homepage" of Now.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

Got a NOW Sports Membership, and one of the supported devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• NOW Smart Stick
  • NOW Boxes (except the NOW Smart Box with Freeview)
  • YouView box
  • Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV
  • JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV.

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Keep in mindYou can’t access Bonus Streams with a Sports Day or Week Membership. NOW Boost features, including full HD and 50 frames per second, aren't available on Bonus Streams.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

More information about Bonus Streams below :-

Find the answers to some common questions about features available on NOW below:

Got a NOW Sports Membership, and one of the supported devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• NOW Smart Stick
  • YouView box
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Keep in mindYou can’t access Bonus Streams with a Sports Day or Week Membership. NOW Boost features, including full HD and 50 frames per second, aren't available on Bonus Streams.

When you buy the NOW Stick just use your current NOW account details when you setup the new Stick.

You also can have up to six registered devices on a single NOW account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Jinx! haha

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your budget can stretch a little further, consider the Amazon Fire Stick.

I have ditched my NowTV branded devices (including the NOW Stick) where my primary NOW playback device is the Fire Stick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On second thoughts maybe stick with the NOW smart stick if you are watching NOW sports.

The reason i am saying this is because i notice some micro judder every two or three seconds when using my Amazon 4K Fire Stick forced at 50hz playback in the Fire Stick display settings (not using Automatic or 60hz which makes the judder worse).

I don't know if there is an issue just with my Amazon Fire Stick and television , because nobody else has seemed to notice it (just me from what i can tell).

When i have got time i really need to test my Amazon Fire Stick with a different television in the house to see if i notice micro stuttering when watching NOW Sports with Boost on another television.

The micro stuttering doesn't happen with my old NowTV Smart 4K box or Youview Box on the same television in question when watching NOW Sports with Boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for all your help on this.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As long as you don't log out on the other device it will continue to work as it does currently. 

As for "red button" this is called bonus streams, and all active bonus streams will be avaliable on the "homepage" of Now.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

• NOW Smart Stick
  • YouView box
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Roku stick as well and cannot access any red button event. Any solution please?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the model number on your Roku Stick ?

Go to Settings > System > About.

I have a Roku Stick Plus and Roku Express and Bonus Streams are towards the bottom of the new NOW App home screen.

The new NOW App on my old Roku purple Stick model 3500EU is currently broken at the moment (NOW are aware of the problem and working on a software patch).

So until my old purple Roku Stick NOW App is resolved i can't confirm either way if Bonus Streams will be available or not on this particular Roku Player.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say you can't access the Bonus Streams on your Roku Player, do you mean you can see the Bonus Streams on the NOW home screen, but they will not open to watch them ?

If so are you using a full blown NOW sports month membership (not day pass) and not a mobile sports membership and you are clicking on a Bonus Streams which is actually streaming live and not available at a later time or a different date ?