cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv Stick

I would like to buy 2 additional Now TV sticks for my girls bedrooms.

I want them connected to my account rather than buying additional subscriptions. Is this possible or does each stick have a stand alone subscription?

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can have a maximum of 4 devices on your account and 2 simultaneous streams (either the same or different content on your nowtv passes).

The problem that you may encounter is for example say you have a nowtv pass and somebody downstairs on the main TV is watching nowtv content and both girls in their bedrooms also wants to watch stuff on the NowTV App on their sticks, then the third person who starts playing something on NowTV last will see an error message on their TV screen saying you have reached your 2 maximum simultaneous streams.

So if you can manage with no more than two nowtv streams (not third party apps like Youtube etc which is not effected) at the same time in your home then you will be fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you

I don't understand why you can't watch all four at different times. Surely
4 devices, 4 streams 🤣

I will have to keep it like that as I'm not paying for another pass as if I
buy one, my other daughter would also want her own. Teenagers!!!

Thanks for your reply x
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The four devices are all capable of streaming nowtv content on your account, but not all at the same time, where it is restricted by two nowtv streams at the same time only.

I do sympathize with people who have families, that need to stream more than two devices in the home at the same time and wished nowtv offered a family bundled pass with more devices and more simultaneous streams could be offered to customers on their platform (similar to Netflix where you pay an optional extra if you wish to got 4 streams on your  account).

Have a read of this nowtv article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/maximum-number-of-simultaneous-streams

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Exactly it is ludicrous. They clearly want you to pay for additional
devices 🙄