cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick

Hello,

I have purchased a NOW TV stick in Ireland. I have only just moved over here and before was in the UK and had a NOW TV account which I have cancelled my last pass on.

When I go to www.nowtv.com/IE/TV and enter my code for the new stick it asks me to log in or make a new account.

I cannot make a new account as my email address has already been used but when I log in it automatically takes me to the NOW TV GB account and not the Irish site. How do I fix this problem, any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User If I've understood correctly you're trying to access NowTV's Irish website on a device (pc/laptop/mobile) that you've already used to access the UK site when you lived in the UK.

You could try accessing the Irish site by using 'incognito mode' in Chrome. 

If that doesn't work try deleting the NowTV cookies and cache from your browser.

I'm assuming that you're setting up a whole new account in Ireland with all your Irish details (address, bank card)?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Saint1976 

Hi Dan

May I suggest you perform a factory reset on your stick, this will clear all user data and set everything back to zero.  From there, you can re-enter all the relevant information you need to get you going again.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User

As I understand your problem, you have a new IE stick in Ireland, where you now live, and you want to set up a new Irish NowTV account.

But when you try to create a new account using your existing email address, which you previously used in the UK, it tells you that account already exists, and when you log into it, it’s you old GB account, which you don’t want to use.

Correct?

So the problem is that NowTV have not allowed for this situation, where GB and IE accounts should be entirely separate, and you should be able to have one of each, with the same email address,

But indeed, it’s not as simple as being in GB or being in IE, because of roaming; if you were roaming, NowTV wouldn't know which account you meant.

Might I suggest, since Gmail accounts are free and easy to come by, that you take out a new xxxx @gmail.com email address with them, and use that for your new IE NowTV account? It’s easy to have multiple email accounts, and the results aggregated, on tablet, phone or PC email accounts, so you wouldn’t miss any emails NowTV IE might send you on your just-for-them email address.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.