cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick

I purchased the now TV stick last month for the TV in spare room purely so I could watch Netflix only or just normal TV channels. However I am not very technical but couldn't set it up without giving my bank details and purchasing a pass. Not sure how I got the sport pass because I don't like sport! I have just had the cost of the pass taken from my bank so now cancelled it but worried that I will not be able to watch Netflix now and wasted my money buying the stick in the first place! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore the paragraph in my previous post about a one day sports pass because they don't auto renew and you shouldn't have been charged extra for the pass if a one day sports pass was part of the bundled vouchers that came with the stick.

I haven't got clue how you managed to buy a sports pass when setting up your stick (you must have slipped up somewhere).

You could go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers where there is a FAQ saying " i think i have been incorrectly charged - what should i do ? " where there is a request form you could complete and send back to NowTV.

Also go to My Account > Bills & Payments to double check there is no more further payments to be taken by NowTV from your account.

Might be worth having a read of these two help linked articles below if you are only interested in Netflix and using the third party Apps off your stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watch-netflix-now-tv-box-smart-stick 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-active-pass-to-use-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you create a NowTV account under their T&C's you need to give them your bank card details.

With regards to the new stick was there any bundled voucher passes included within the price you paid ?

Where the majority of the sticks sold from the Retailers comes bundled with certain passes and some include a one day sports pass.

Go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here and double check if any passes are active and running and if they are cancel each pass fully (approx four or five steps on screen).

Also go to My Account > Settings & Pins and add a payment pin on your account to avoid you or your family accidentally buying passes.

With regards to the Netflix App you will need to create an account with Netflix or sign into the App with your existing Netflix account sign in details.

A few people on the forum and over on Twitter are saying that the Netflix App is not currently working on their NowTV devices (though Netflix is still running fine for me on my NowTV 4K Smart box). 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore the paragraph in my previous post about a one day sports pass because they don't auto renew and you shouldn't have been charged extra for the pass if a one day sports pass was part of the bundled vouchers that came with the stick.

I haven't got clue how you managed to buy a sports pass when setting up your stick (you must have slipped up somewhere).

You could go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers where there is a FAQ saying " i think i have been incorrectly charged - what should i do ? " where there is a request form you could complete and send back to NowTV.

Also go to My Account > Bills & Payments to double check there is no more further payments to be taken by NowTV from your account.

Might be worth having a read of these two help linked articles below if you are only interested in Netflix and using the third party Apps off your stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watch-netflix-now-tv-box-smart-stick 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-active-pass-to-use-now-tv-box-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi There,

Thank you for this info. I think there was a free trial pass, hence the
sport pass even though I hadn't realised it was included when it was
purchased it. All I wanted was to buy it to watch my Netflix and not pay
any further subscriptions to NOW.

I have now cancelled the pass and put the pin on the payments as you
advised. So hoping that NOW won't take any further payments when the pass
expires next month as it's now been paid for.

I have basically wasted my money as should have cancelled the pass before
the trial ended, but that's fine.

Just have to hope that I will still be able to watch Netflix when the pass
has expired and they don't get any money for it next month that they don't
block me watching Netflix.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV don't offer a free trial for any sports passes to watch on the stick, so you must have accidentally purchased the sports pass by another method when creating your nowtv account.

Have you completed the request form to send back to NowTV for a possible refund for the mistakenly purchased one month sports pass on your account on the procedure i have explained on my first post reply ?

Watching Netflix on the stick shouldn't be a problem irrespective if you have a nowtv pass or no pass active on your nowtv account (subject to that you have an active Netflix subscription running with Netflix direct).