cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick works fine in one room but not in another.

I've been using my now TV stick for a couple of years and it's been fine, it worked all round the four floors of the house no problems. But now it has stopped working anywhere but the lounge! It's very frustrating. I've tried wi-fi extenders, different TV's but nothing works. All other wi-fi devices are connecting to the router just fine. Anyone have a solution, or is it time for a new stick?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I assumed you did a full factory reset on the Stick (step 2 of my previous linked guide) but instead of holding the reset button on the Stick for 6 seconds, try about 15 seconds and setup the Stick from scratch once again.

Should the above not help, then i would be tempted to factory reset your Router (not rebooting the Router) even if all your other internet devices works fine around the home, before investing in a new NowTV playback device.

If the Stick works on the television nearest to the router and you have tried both wifi frequency bands and various wifi channels on your Router, then there may be a problem with the inbuilt wifi antenna on the Stick (pure guess on my part).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah Bean

Time for a new stick.

UK Bob

PS.  If the new stick doesn't work at least you can return it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried these trouble shooting steps in the link article below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

It your Router is dual band, try both 2.4ghz & 5ghz with the Stick that is not working.

Should you have a HDMI extender flylead adapter, try that with the Stick has well.

Personally if it was me and you can stretch your budget a little further, look at either a full blown Roku Player or an Amazon Fire Stick rather than buying another NowTV Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks, I've tried all those troubleshooting tips, but no luck. I think it's new stick time.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity can you access the WiFi signal strength on your Stick, by going into Settings > Network > either About or Check Connection.

If you can access this setting on your Stick what is the wifi and internet download speed showing ?

How does it compare to the other Stick working in your home ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can, it just says poor signal, but previously it's been an excellent
signal
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I assumed you did a full factory reset on the Stick (step 2 of my previous linked guide) but instead of holding the reset button on the Stick for 6 seconds, try about 15 seconds and setup the Stick from scratch once again.

Should the above not help, then i would be tempted to factory reset your Router (not rebooting the Router) even if all your other internet devices works fine around the home, before investing in a new NowTV playback device.

If the Stick works on the television nearest to the router and you have tried both wifi frequency bands and various wifi channels on your Router, then there may be a problem with the inbuilt wifi antenna on the Stick (pure guess on my part).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help on this @schnapps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! The 15 second reset worked. Thanks a lot.