cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick no longer connects to wifi and remote not responding

My Now stick has been faulty for over a month - not reacting to remote control very frequently, and also losing connection to wifi and won't reconnect. (despite laptop and phone connecting no problem - in the same room, and also restarting the modem too) When Now stick does occasionally connect, then the remote stops reacting again. Have tried doing full factory reset on stick. Twice.  Each time the remote works just long enough for the first click - to select language and then back to square one with frozen remote,  took 15 mins perseverance just  to enter wifi password to connect to wifi.  Only to get error 014.30 no wifi again. Coincidentally a few months ago my Roku box did EXACTLY the same thing until it became totally unusable. So I started using the Now TV stick.  Noticed that Now TV says 'Roku powered'  so it's obviously an issue with Now/Roku/Sky as the same issue has happened with both devices.

On the Now stick I also checked for updates (again took forever, whilst waiting for the remote to respond.) Changed batteries in remote.  So in the end the remote doesn't react and can't connect.  Same as what happened to the Roku box. Noticed the forum replies all simply refer to the help pages.  No way to contact Now TV.  How can a company take all this money (paying for 3 monthly passes - including Sky sports, which Sky should have not charged for) and refuse to speak to paying customers?  I don't have any other way of getting box sets and films to watch, but not getting the service.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two sticks also both are really bad at wireless connection. The one directly above the router shows only a fair connection, 3 bars, and the one two rooms away gets only a poor connection or none at all. This is really odd as the fire stick in the same tv gets a good connection. Both now sticks have the same remote problem where it doesn’t respond, and guess what the Fire stick remote always works. If you need a device for catch up or Netflix buy the Fire stick, if you need the Sky stiff good luck. 
Basically Sky/Now/Roku need to fix this as people just wont buy it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve only had my Nowtv stick a few days and I’m already having the same issues, the remote is constantly stopping and the internet never connects for longer than 10 minutes without going off even though it’s fine on everything else in the same room!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this very same problem, did you get a solution?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try this link for the remote. Hopefully it helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you but I've done this loads.everytime I lose connection i reset the lot. It's getting frustrating.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you happen to have an Amazon Fire Stick to hand or just a Now TV stick?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help