cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick is not working

I have had the now TV stick for around a year now. Last night when I went to turn it on, it's comes on and then cuts of and I get the message no signal on my TV. I tried different HDMI ports and the same thing. At some times the TV is not recognising it. I tried this morning again and on a different TV and the same thing happened. Can someone help as to why it is not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless anybody else on the Forum has any other ideas, then get in touch with the Retailer who sold you the Stick from, if it's within or close to the 12 month warranty period.

Or see if NowTV live chat can assist or help you out further (use the green chat button on this link page below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Should nothing work, then last resort try a full factory reset (if you haven't already) by pressing the reset button in on the Stick for about 15 seconds whilst powered up.

I am assuming you have tried both power options with the Stick (i.e. the supplied power adapter and a USB 900Ma / 1A port on your television with a different USB to USB micro cable if you have one lying around the home).

Also because you have tried two different TV's i am assuming you have plugged the Stick directly into the TV and not using an external HDMI switcher box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @schnapps 

Yeah I always have it directly into the TV and also reset it last night and today again and nothing. I tried another usb cable aswell and same thing happens when connected into the mains and the usb TV connection.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless anybody else on the Forum has any other ideas, then get in touch with the Retailer who sold you the Stick from, if it's within or close to the 12 month warranty period.

Or see if NowTV live chat can assist or help you out further (use the green chat button on this link page below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry to jump in in this feed, but I'm going round in circles and having a nightmare getting really stressed....

I've had my NOWTV stick for ages, it's always worked fine even been able to unplug and move around the house on odd occasions, however this week its constantly with dropping connection to WiFi (when the app, my phone  other tvs in the house and laptops all experience no WiFi issues) meaning I've had to unplug and reboot. 

I've had to do this 3 times this week already and today, I finished watching something on sky one and through either button on remote or voice request I cannot get off the programme, it won't go to home page, or do anything. Yet the remote is hearing and picking up the voice instructions and buttons still work as will amend volume (plus just put new batteries in)

I've tried everything but there's clearly an issue if I'm having to keep unplugging and resetting almost daily now, yet there is literally NO HUMAN I can speak to!

I pay for various passes yet there's no service to support a customer?

Can ANYONE please help me out?

Thanks  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried doing a factory reset to the device? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help