cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick faulty

Hi I've had this stick since Nov 2018 and first reported the faults to Now TV customer chat in September 2020. That's under 2 years of use and to be fair the faults were exhibiting themselves before. I simply reset the stick every time to force it to work. 

I'm just wondering if it's worth taking this forward with Now TV or not. I asked for a replacement stick before but they said they won't replace after 12 months. Is that not a bit unfair? So basically we should only expect 12 months of use from the stick? If that's the case then why don't they make this clear at the time of sale so we can decide whether it's worth the bother or not? I personally wouldn't have wasted my time or money. 

And before anyone asks what the fault is, it's been various things but a repeated fault I've had is the low power screen when we've always had it plugged into the mains 🙄

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry can't help with regards to a free replacement NowTV Stick from NowTV because i am a customer just like you.

Most companies will offer 12 months standard Warranty.

I am not sure where you stand under "The Consumer Rights Act" assuming you are in the UK and not living in the Republic of Ireland (maybe have a read of this link below for pin pointers).

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act#:~:text=The%20Consumer%20Rights%20Act%202015%20became%20law%20on,modernise%20the%20law%2C%20giving%20you%20clearer%20shopping%20rights. 

With regards to the low power error message, have you got a USB phone charger and another USB micro to Standard USB cable to try with your NowTV Stick ?

Or have you got any televisions in the home that has has 5vdc 900MA or 1A USB port to power with the NowTV Stick with, where you may have a temperamental power adapter or usb cable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps 

Thanks for the quick reply. Re the Consumer Rights Act, I 🤔 think the onus is on me to prove the fault but I'm sure I can just point to all the many other posts on here about the stick not being fit for purpose. Besides which we're only talking about this being a possible 6 months outside of warranty before I encountered major issues resolving faults. 

And I know the stick is the problem because I replaced it with a brand new stick and all is working fine. All existing wiring and TV is fine 👍🏼

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be honest i have never gone down the Consumer Rights path for anything (suppose i have been lucky with the longevity of things that i have purchased).

I might be wrong, where i believe under the previous EU  Consumer Law warranty was 2 years has standard and because we are not in the EU anymore i doubt this rule applies now.

Perhaps somebody with more experience with consumer rights will point you in the right direction if you wish to pursue it further.

If it was me mind for the sake of a couple of quid i wouldn't bother wasting my time and effort, though some people would obviously pursue it further has a matter of principle.

Anyway good luck which ever direction you go down.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. 

To clarify my issue is not for the sake of a couple of quid. If something won't last beyond a year then now TV should state that clearly at the time of purchase. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought one. It's as simple as that really. I buy plenty of other tech - cheap and not so cheap - that lasts well beyond 12 months, it lasts for years in fact. Why should it be any different with this? Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it can be shoddy. All goods should be fit for purpose and sadly I don't think these sticks qualify. 

If anyone can help and supply Now TV UK complaints or customer service address that would be helpful. Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This link below has the different communication methods to reach out to NowTV with regards with your complaint.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint