cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick won't play Now TV?

Now TV Stick won't play Now TV?  I have restarted and done a factory reset but although it plays all the other apps it will not play NowTV
it just flicks back to the main screen

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's a known bug effecting certain customers accounts / devices which NowTV are investigating.

You can access the NowTV on demand or catchup content by using the search feature, though search doesn't help for live NowTV streams.

Also if you have just purchased a NowTV Sports Pass, try watching on your smartphone or PC before switching to your NowTV Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So is this something that a New Now TV stick will not resolve at the moment?

I've only bought the stick to make watching easier on TV and it seems I've wasted my money?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know the full facts of the bug in question, where i doubt a replacement new stick would resolve it.

I believe NowTV are on the case fixing the bug (though i have no inside knowledge).

You could try live chat to see if they can offer you more information or perhaps they know of a better workaround than my suggestion or maybe the fix is in place already and you need to follow live chat instructions on what to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for your reply - I have tried the chat option but it  is just a bot deigned to frustrate and take you around in a circle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also managed to find a phone number 0800 7591213 but that is only accepting Broadband issues even thought there is an option for TV or devices!!!!!!!!!!

There does not seem to be any way I can get in touch and tell them that this is happening unless somebody has any ideas?????

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Bot is not live chat, just a bit of automatic software on the NowTV website to point customers to NowTV help articles to read up on about the problem they are encountering.

Try the green live chat button on this link below.

Should live chat not open for you, try a different internet browser or another device.

Or alternatively there is a web form you can send to NowTV on the same link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Schnapps - you are a hero - kinda sorted the problem with the live chat - the link to now tv catch up works but the app section still flicks back to the main screen - if anyone else wants to know it was solved by 

Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:
Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
Press OK, even if you already have the latest version.

Worked for me - thanks again!!!