cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick won't connect to wireless network

Hi. We have two NOW TV sticks in the house. For the past few days, one has been refusing to connect to wireless network. It shows "signal strength: excellent", and I'm blue in the face from trying the suggested steps of first restarting the router and then restarting the NOW TV stick. 

Our other NOW TV stick continues to work fine. Is there anything else I can try with the problem one?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if anything in my posts on this linked thread below helps.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Now-tv-stick-and-wireless-problem/m-p/565257 

I am sure a couple of forum members have reported this recently and i think a full factory reset may have fixed it for them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.

Have ended up getting it sorted through a full factory reset. Was just wondering last night if there was something else to try first before going to that extreme. All's good again anyway.  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ammmmm.......still having problems here.  

Turns out the factory reset is only a temporary fix. The problem keeps re-occurring. Has gotten so bad that I now have to do a factory reset almost every time I turn things on.

Am guessing at this stage that there really is nothing for it other than chuck it in the bin and buy another one??!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You won’t be able to find another one to buy. 

Best option to buy an Amazon fire stick currently on Black Friday offer.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

?

Not sure about that.

Now TV sticks currently on special offer here in Ireland. Can buy one from the shops for as little as €14.95 (about £12.50). Am going to pick one up later today at that price anyway.