cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick processing speed

I have the Now TV black box and a Roku stick which I get Now TV on.I have seen some messages on here saying that the New Now TV stick  has a much faster processor than the black box.

My black box  however is very much quicker than my Roku stick  so if the messages here saying the Now stick is quicker than the black box then it must be quicker than the Roku stick I have.

I was thinking then of changing my box over to the new stick, but was wondering first if any one here has the New now stick and the Roku stick and what do they find is faster, as I don’t want to change if the new Now stick is slower.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If it's just really NOW TV watching you want it for then the NOW TV stick should be the best choice for you, and at the pice is a bit of a bargain. Enjoy!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. The old purple Roku stick is a good few years old and discontinued now, the new NOW TV stick is a significant increase in Spoed and performance but bear in mind it only has the same apps as you get on your black NOW TV box, you'll lose access to other apps like Netflix, Amazon etc (altho Netflix is coming later in the year).

If all the extra apps you get on your purple Roku stick are important then look at the more expensive Roku Streaming Stick+ instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, it is the old purple stick I have , which I have in the tv downstairs. To be honest I mainly use it for the sports and movies. I have seen brilliant offers of the Now TV Stick in Argos , so I think I will go 

and get the new Now stick and give it a try.

I originally bought a Roku stick from Tesco only because I got it with Tesco tockens so did not cost me much.

I like the stick compared to the box because you don’t need to aim controller at it and you don’t have to have the mains cable takeing up a plug socket.

Thankyou for your feedback.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If it's just really NOW TV watching you want it for then the NOW TV stick should be the best choice for you, and at the pice is a bit of a bargain. Enjoy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou, im of now to get one
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sports pass one is a great price. 😉