cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Stick - Picture freezing for a couple of seconds roughly every few minutes

I have 3 of these sticks around the house and they are all behaving in the same manner i.e. the picture will freeze for a couple of seconds every few minutes. This seems to only happen when watching live sports - sky sports. The audio is unaffected.
This problem has been going on for several weeks now 😞
Is anybody else experiencing this same issue? Could it be a known issue?

I have tried using the now tv app on a laptop and this does not appear to have the same problem i.e. limited to the sticks.

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you checked to make sure the software and app is fully updated?

Worse case is to set the stick back to factory settings

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've checked that the software is up to date on all 3 sticks. It looks as though a factory reset is the next step.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've checked that the software is up to date on all 3 sticks. It looks as though a factory reset is the next step.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problems with my NowTV sticks. Only seen it happen with live football.

It's not a hardware issue as BT sport on the same devices works perfectly. 31mb wifi speed and excellent signal strength suggest it's not the router or ISP etc.

The sticks are all on the latest software too and I am paying for the HD boost!!

It's been going on for a few weeks and is starting to drive me crazy. Changing from Main Event to Premier League or Football channels just gets the same frequent glitches.

This is definitely a software or server issue and it needs fixing asap. I'm surprised there aren't lots of complaints on the forum about this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here but with a now tv black box, irritating glitch every so often. irritating as hell in a tense game! Don't get it on my lg tv app but then that doesn't do 50fps. Which makes me wonder if it's any thing to do with Boost as I am also having the problem where box sets don't play in hd & 5.1 all the time. Think Now tv has really dropped the ball somewhere, like you I wonder why the forum isn't flooded with complaints.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same issue. Only when watching Sky Sports - audio continues as normal but my images stutter and freeze for a second or two every 30 seconds or so. I’ve factory reset, changed to an alternate wifi channel, every user config change I could think of and no improvement. 

ArsenalBen
Advocate

I'm having the same issue. I've tried a software update and multiple factory resets but the freezing is still going on. Only happens watching live sport on my stick, not on other devices or on demand.

Anyone had any luck finding a fix?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ArsenalBen @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

It may not be any consolation, but from my understanding and after some testing myself the Now TV app on Amazon fire sticks is far more reliable than the Now TV stick.

If your in a position to give Amazon fire a try, I would fully recommend doing so. 

Otherwise I can only suggest to report the fault with Now TV directly. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box 

A final suggestion is that you could turn your router off for a few minutes. It might not work, but at least then all options has been  exhausted . 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ArsenalBen
Advocate

Update on this: after troubleshooting with live chat they sent me a replacement stick. First day using it and the problem is exactly the same. 

Think the problem must be in the interaction between the stick and router, the only thing that has changed to cause this problem is moving to a new ISP (Virgin).

Anyone know how to ask nowtv to look into a software fix for this?