cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost Sky Sports judder

Hi,

I just took out Sky Sports on Now TV with boost, im using the built in App on my LG OLED, picture quality seems fine but watching football is really blurry in motion, and the sky sports news ticker judders.

I'm wondering if this is down to the LG app (I know it doesn't support 50 fps), would using a NOW TV stick improve things?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like Xbox One owners with the Boost Pass also don't have the 50fps playback feature on the six Sky Sports Channels from the link article below (which is a must IMO for watching Sports).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

I watch a lot of Sports on Sky Action & Sky Arena (ie Rugby Union & Rugby League) and hoping NowTV eventually brings 50fps to all eleven Sky Sports channels and not the current six.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Think it is a great shame that Xbox One owners have had to wait months for boost since it launched and then it launched without 50FPS for sports [Can't quite understand that one as clearly not a limitation of the hardware].

I expect the delay in rolling out 50FPS for the rest of the sports channels has been due to lack of the sports content the last few months as at the start they were adding more sports channels in 50 FPS. F1 Cricket and Golf didn't launch in 50 FPS when Boost launched if i remember correctly. 

But agree hopefully all Channels get 50 FPS support soon.

Genuine question is Sky Sports News on Sky Q 50 FPS?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't have Sky Q or used Sky Satellite since the early years in the late eighties using a 16 channel Amstrad Sky Sat Box, that didn't even come with a remote controller 😬.

My guess 50fps via Satellite Broadcast (might be wrong, where i am sure a Sky Sat user will confirm accordingly).