cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost 50fps

Just thought I’d bring up something that has recently raised my attention regarding the Now TV Boost, that has recently been rolled out. Read below a quote from what Now TV said when they introduced it:

“Smoother sporting action: Two Sky Sports channels – Main Event and Premier League – are available at 50 frames per second (except on LG TV).”

So far I’m happy with the Boost package and think it’s much better than the original 720p picture which quite frankly ridiculous for what I was paying for the Sky Sports Pass. However, why it is just the two channels that get 50fps??

Seriously, how hard can it be for them to introduce full 1080p (50fps) on all the 11 Sky Sports channels? For £3 a month extra I expect them to do that. Take the likes of streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, for example. We live in a day in age where a decent streaming frame rate comes pretty much as standard.

Seriously, it’s just seems like Now TV are so behind the times. We waited years for them to finally roll out the full HD, and we still don’t get a decent frame rate all the channels...

So guys, what’s your opinions on this? Could we see 50fps coming to all channels anytime soon?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No excuse what so ever and if your gonna do it go with all the channels but I’ve no doubt there will be a an excuse As to why not. I’m waiting for this to be rolled out to Apple TV but your right nowtv is so far behind in online streaming. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly I missed that it wasn't available for F1 so I wasted 15 quid on trying to watch F1 live this past weekend. Horrible picture quality, video full of jagged lines, lots of Moiré effects etc.

Quite happy with the picture quality and 5.1 sound for TV series, something I've been waiting 4 years and 3 months for (since I last tried NOW TV and gave up after a couple of days).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes NOW TV really need to do something about the FPS. Like yourself, I mainly use my Sports pass for the F1 channel. Although they’ve finally rolled out all 11 channels in 1080p, it’s only the Main Event and Premier League channels which have the 50fps. Yes, fair enough 1080p improves the picture, but when watching things like cricket and F1, the poor frame rate overshadows the picture and that’s what you really notice. Unfortunately if you’re an F1 fan, it’s very rare that the qualifying and races are simulcast on the Main Event channel (as football takes priority) so the only chances of seeing a race on Main Event and with the improved frame rate, are on early or late in the day race weekends, i.e. Australian or Chinese GP.

Come on NOW TV, just make every channel 50fps, as to be honest, that’s what we are all paying our Boost extra for... I mean, surely how hard can it be just to roll it out to all the channels?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed. Just bought 24hr access for the Grand Prix and was planning to do the same all season, but disappointed with 25fps. Back to the Channel 4 highlights for me.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Since this thread started, NOW have 50fps playback with a Boost Pass on six Sky Sports channels (including F1) if you have a supported NOW 50fps playback device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

I totally agree that Boost should include 50fps on all eleven Sky Sports live channels, plus Bonus Streams plus Sports on Demand.

I hate 25fps playback for Sports 😠😠😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, @schnapps .