cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Stick & remote

Hi,

about a year ago my remote stopped working so I downloaded one on my mobile.  Paid a years subscription.

that’s run out and I’ve just received a new remote I purchased off Amazon. No pairing button below the buttons.

now Stick is also just flashing. 
any ideas how to pair my new remote would be gratefully received please 🙏 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If there is no pair button underneath the remote battery compartment lid cover, then you have the wrong Remote 😡.

Send it back and ask for a refund.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to ask, have you got an Amazon link of the replacement remote you bought.

Most of the replacement remotes on Amazon are for NOW boxes or Roku players that operates off infra red and not direct wifi like the NOW Stick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity have you still got the old original NOW Smart Voice Remote that came with the Stick ?

If so try following these instructions carefully and i find from my experience it's important to use fresh new batteries and disconnect the usb power cable from the Stick to allow it to power off.

1. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Smart Stick or Smart Box, wait 5 seconds and then reconnect it.
  3. When you see the home screen on your TV, put the batteries back in the remote.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, you'll need to replace your batteries.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Smart Stick or Smart Box.

Also until you have a functional working remote, make sure you don't factory reset the Stick (otherwise you will not be able to continue to use the Roku Remote App off your smartphone).