cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megabeth
Advocate

New stick update

Hey, 

My stick updated and the layout has all changed 😞 is there a way to change it back please? I really liked how it was before 😕

Thanks 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Megabeth 

As your first action after loading, press Back. This will give you more or less the old layout, I am told,

But I am still waiting for my Stick to update to the new layout, so I can’t investigate it yet, and form a judgement.

You'd think we Superusers would get it first, wouldn’t you, so we can help here better than that 😢

And you would think that NowTV have enough that’s broken to fix, without fixing stuff that wasn’t broken in the first place 😥

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Megabeth
Advocate

I saw the back thing and I still don't like it, haha. I liked being able to half sleep put something on after work.

It keeps glitching now as well, if I press play while watching live TV after pausing it, it goes to the app menu and I lose my place :'(

Why do they fix things when they aren't broken 😞

Thanks for your help though 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible that this update is causing my "Now TV is currently unavailable. Please try later" issues?

I've been having this error message since yesterday on the TV (using a Stick).  I'm still able to access the service via my Laptop Player,  and via my phone,  so I'm assuming it's a problem with the Stick.  Has the provider pushed an update that's caused this,  does anyone know?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having dug into it a bit more,  and been on a Chat with support,  yes it was the Firmware update that was causing my problems,  and had to reset the stick from scratch.  This solved it.

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This update is terrible. The previous layout was much better, and the new one doesn't go to standby meaning unless you unplug it, it's always on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new update is total pants! First I thought, ooh, this looks nice. Then realised every time I'm checking the walking dead episodes to see which ones I missed, if I go back after realising I had already seen it, it kicks me out and sends me to the apps page! And then has to reconnect!! I used to get all the episodes listed and just scroll to the one I need.  Jesus, it's frickin aweful. Nothing was wrong with the last one...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree totally and utterly ruined NowTV. Takes 5 mins just to get back to a programme episode list just so you can pick one you want to rewatch. 

Ruined something that was fine. You’d think they would test the code before releasing it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also dont like it. Was wondering why i couldn't find the actual NOW TV APP rather than just the sectiona for movies etc in general