cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New smart stick with preloaded sky one month pass

Hi. I purchased a new NOW TV stick with pre installed one month sky sport pass. I have been unable to activate the pass on my television ( it is not a smart tv ) which my stick is connected to. Also I tried to activate it on my mobile phone via my account but it asked for my account details again which i provided. I currently have 2 sky month vouchers sitting on my account but unused. How do I know which one to cancel and how do I activate the remaining voucher.  I have done a lot of digging and it seems I can only use the pass on a device like mobile phone or tablet. This does not make sense since I can see the option for sky sports on my TV which has the stick connected. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you manage to get the new Stick operational on your television (apart from the free bundled vouchers off the Stick was missing) ?

If so and there is no sign of the free vouchers automatically uploaded to your online account under My Account > Manage Account > My Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here.

Then you will need to jump over to NowTV live chat for further assistance.

This has been happening a lot over the last 12 months to certain customers (have a read of this linked example below and what information you may have to give live chat to enable them to email you some replacement voucher codes).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/My-preloaded-Now-TV-passes-do-not-show-on-my-box-account-black/m-p/544425#M15238 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you manage to get the new Stick operational on your television (apart from the free bundled vouchers off the Stick was missing) ?

If so and there is no sign of the free vouchers automatically uploaded to your online account under My Account > Manage Account > My Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here.

Then you will need to jump over to NowTV live chat for further assistance.

This has been happening a lot over the last 12 months to certain customers (have a read of this linked example below and what information you may have to give live chat to enable them to email you some replacement voucher codes).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/My-preloaded-Now-TV-passes-do-not-show-on-my-box-account-black/m-p/544425#M15238 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thought if your new Stick is activated and you already have a sports pass offer on your account, then go to My Account > My Passes and see if there is a message towards the top of the screen saying "Voucher Waiting for You" with a link to redeem the voucher.

If your current sports pass offer has more than 30 days left, then you won't be able to redeem the one month sports pass voucher off the stick until you are in the last 30 days of any existing sports pass offer where if the link is available on your account the redeem button might be currently greyed out and not available to start or redeem the voucher yet.

If you are going around in circles or there is no sign of the one month sports voucher off the stick, then live chat would be your best bet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps

In the end I had to contact customer services via Live chat. And they were able to add a sports voucher to my  account and supply me with the necessary code to activate the voucher. It seems this is a known problem . Technically I call it false advertising. 

NOW TV should really recall these smart sticks that are being sold with preloaded vouchers. And repackage them with vouchers in them. Its a very poor service. And it is very frustrating that you cannot call any number to speak to customer services.

I had to wait for 7 days before I was able to rectify this problem. I am not impressed.