cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Now TV App not working on Roku 3500EU

Hi 

Is anyone else still having trouble launching the new NowTV app on their Roku 3500? It wont open and just kicks me out. No help from web support. I have raised a complaint and can see that this is an issue amongst other users. Does anyone know how long it will be before it is rectified? 

I don't want to have to get a new stick unless I have to. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Also the app is not called Now TV anymore, simply NOW. Which was the purpose of the rebranding 😃

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Take a look at this thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/NowTV-failing-to-start/m-p/557211#M7286

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Also the app is not called Now TV anymore, simply NOW. Which was the purpose of the rebranding 😃

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is still not working and nobody at now can give any feedback on the situation.

I emailed the CEO but have had no reply.

No service for 4 days.

Maybe they should rebranded themselves as LATER because they certainly cannot give me service now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think im going to get the streaming stick plus, from what I can gather it
seems to work ok in that.
Its terrible, I wish they could have just left it alone! It worked well
before. Who cares what colours the logo are now?!
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Your better to get an Amazon fire stick, it’s already proven to run the rebranded NOW smoothly without any issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, will do 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the information on the Amazon stick.

But I don't see why I should have to purchase more kit to resolve an issue that NOW has produced.

This was a software change and most companies use a process called change control.

This means that the software is tested on all devices it is made for.

If it works then the software is released.

If it is subsequently found to be buggy, either a bug fix is is developed straight away or they roll back the software.

In this case the customer is the lowest form of life and they cannot be bothered to give updates or roll the software back.

Even the CEO cannot be bothered to reply to my emails.

Judging by the wide spread complaints you would have thought they would have had an advisory on their web site.

The community web site is strewn with customers who do not know what to do.

This is a major company and to be honest this is a farce.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have emailled support and got a case reference saying the ticket has been escallated.

There is something to be said for call centres.  NOW only have a call centre for their broadband.  TV is web support only. 

As oyu say it has been handled poorly but the lack of responce of process management reflects their company - I wonder if Sky (Their parent company) would be as complacent.

Kind of reminds me of the incompitent EU COVID jab rollout, We've got it in hand aka we havent a clue what to do or how to fix it so we'll ignore it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a reply about my complaint. Its been escalated to Tier 2.  They said they are working on a fix since the update.  Luckily it is still the old set up on my ipad and have no intention of updating it on there!