cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV stick not powering up

Hello. 

I've been asked to look at a nowtv stick which is not working. 

I plug it in and it will cycle through the nowtv splash screen with different colours and then TV Detects a drop in signal.

The light on the nowtv stick flashes twice in quick succession.

The unit does not seem to be working 

I've tried a hard reset by holding in the reset button whilst the power was on (and also off) but no joy.

Any ideas and to what the blinking light indicates and how I can resolve this problem? 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I have to ask the obvious question here. Are you using the power supply that came with the stick, or some other power supply, a usb port on the tv perhaps? The stick needs a 1A supply, and not every usb port or third party power supply can give that.
For instance, my tv has two usb ports, one rated at 1A the other at 500mA. If I use the wrong port the results are the same as you are getting.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, using the supplied power supply.

When I press reset button the light remains solid for a short period of time and displays the nowtv screen. It then drops the signal and the led indicator flashes twice in quick succession repeatedly with no signal detected by the TV.

The USB plug was disconnected to relocate the TV, could this have had an effect on the device? 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Moving the power supply shouldn't make difference. Unless, of course, it’s not fully seated in the mains socket, or the usb cable isn’t fully inserted. If you haven’t already tried, unplug everything then re-plug it all. It may just be a spot of dirt on a connector.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It has been tried in a number of tvs with same effect.

Can you confirm how to perform a hard factory reset? 

I hold in the reset button for about 15s, but no improvement. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to be stay on for 8sec and then drops the donal to the TV. Any ideas as I need to let owner know what the issue might be.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sorry, i’m out of ideas. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You can perform a factory reset by going to settings / system / advanced system settings and entering the code shown using the remote. However, the stick might not stay on long enough for you to do that. And it the power dies part way through, it’ll probably be bricked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay. Will send it back and see what happens.