cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex01
Mentor

NOWTV smart stick home page doesn't load.

Hi,

I have a NOWTV smartstick (from 2019), and the homepage on the TV won't launch. The homescreen remains black, and can only see the NOW logo, '* Search & Options', the time of day, and 'ROKU Powered' top layer. The screen is constantly loading.

I have no WIFI issues at all. I can access NOWTV on the laptop and phone so it's not an account problem, only a NOWTV stick problem.

I can access the NOWTV shows on the smart stick only by using the voice search, and can also open other apps by pressing the search & options * key on the remote. 

Thank you

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Alex01 

Sounds like you are experiencing the same problem a couple of Roku owners have reported in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Now-TV-app-on-Roku-Express/m-p/571366#M15169 

Both my Roku Stick Plus and NOW box is running fine with NOW (haven't checked my NOW Stick in a while to be honest).

Only thing i can suggest is try step 6 in this linked guide (update the software if even on the same version number).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

Or perhaps a full factory reset on the Stick by holding in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst powered up.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Alex01 

Just to add my Broadband provider is NOW and using the NOW Hub 2 Router.

As a test if you have mobile internet data, temporary connect the NOW Stick has a wifi hotspot to your smartphone to see if you can progress any further when using the Stick.

If you then have full access to the NOW Home Screen has normal, you might have to see what is causing the conflict on your Router (even if other Apps play fine via your Home Network Router).

Alex01
Mentor

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I've tried step 6 (to check for updates), and reset my stick but no luck. The issue doesn't seem to be my WIFI since I can access other apps like Netflix etc, and even the NOWTV content (by using voice search).

I'll probably keep using the NOWTV stick for a while longer and then get an Amazon firestick, and access the NOW app from there.

Alex