cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

NOW on Firestick problems

Every hour or so (sometimes more often than this)the app buffers and then 'oops something went wrong. That didn't work so we're going to look into it'. 

Sdk.buffering_limit.unknown_reason.main_content

This is on Amazon firestick, it is up to date, is connected via ethernet, all other apps on the firestick work perfectly. This is definitely not an internet issue. 

This has been going on for about a week and it is getting old now. I think it started when they put our continue watching/watch list back up. 

Any ideas? Do not want to factory reset the firestick as this seems to be a NOW app issue only (as usual). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

Out of curiosity what happens if you temporary run the Amazon Fire Stick over wifi and if it remains stable then jump back on the Ethernet connection.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps 

Yes I did search on here but couldn't find much. It's so strange as the app on the firestick has been ok for about a year and nothing changed this end. I will try your suggestions.

Thank you 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Lindzi These things have a wonderful habit of just working right up until the point when they don't!  😉

Do keep us posted. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

Haha will do @redchiz1   !!

Now (tv) seriously is the worst performing streaming company though. I have often said that I'm sure their tech dept are just kids working around their school hours and using Nowtv as work experience 🙈

redchiz1
Champion 2

Well I have to say, touch wood, that I have had few technical problems with them. And when it comes to pricing, as long as you can keep up with the offers and discounts available, I find them reasonable value as well.

There you go, I have given it the kiss of death now ....

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps 

I forgot to let you know that running over wifi seems to have fixed the problem. thank you for the suggestion 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

Might have just been a coincidence where there was a lot of error messages cropping up on NOW a few months back, where customers who didn't have Boost was seeing a number of errors after the adverts had finished.

Don't know if you have Boost or not, but it was fixed by NOW a while back.

If everything is running fine over wifi and it's reliable on the Fire Stick perhaps stick with wifi.

Or you could try Ethernet again but I don't want to jinx you using the NOW App on the Fire Stick.

Anyway I am glad everything is back running smoothly on the Fire Stick NOW App until the next glitch or bug comes along on NOW 😉.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps 

No boost over here...too expensive. It was buffering and throwing up different error messages and didn't seem to coincide with adverts. 

All good though, I will stick with wifi as you're right...if it's working leave it alone 🙂