cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

NOW on Firestick problems

Every hour or so (sometimes more often than this)the app buffers and then 'oops something went wrong. That didn't work so we're going to look into it'. 

Sdk.buffering_limit.unknown_reason.main_content

This is on Amazon firestick, it is up to date, is connected via ethernet, all other apps on the firestick work perfectly. This is definitely not an internet issue. 

This has been going on for about a week and it is getting old now. I think it started when they put our continue watching/watch list back up. 

Any ideas? Do not want to factory reset the firestick as this seems to be a NOW app issue only (as usual). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

Out of curiosity what happens if you temporary run the Amazon Fire Stick over wifi and if it remains stable then jump back on the Ethernet connection.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
redchiz1
Champion 2

Do you have any other devices you can try? If it is device specific then you may need to look at a device specific solution i.e. reset. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @redchiz1 

It is the app on Amazon firestick....I have an older Samsung smart tv that the app works ok on but it's inconvenient to watch on that rather than the stick. 

I'm reluctant to do a firestick reset as of course it will delete all my other apps like Netflix, Amazon video etc. The Now app worked fine until a week ago and it just seems that it is something that they've done/changed??

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi 

Jump onto live chat and report the fault. 

Alternatively send an email to customer support.

Both methods in my signature below.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

I don't have a Firestick myself, is there any way of forcing a reset/update on an individual app such as NOW? Or can you remove/reinstall like on a Roku?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi 

Have you deleted and reinstalled the app?

@redchiz1 there is an option for automatic updates to apps. 
Normally when things go south I just delete and reinstall the app. That normally does the “force app update”.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lindzi
Elite 2

@gavs82008  @redchiz1 

I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling, I can try that as that is less dramatic than a full factory reset on the stick. 

I had tried clearing cache etc

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

Out of curiosity what happens if you temporary run the Amazon Fire Stick over wifi and if it remains stable then jump back on the Ethernet connection.

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @schnapps 

That's a good idea, just assumed internet all good as other apps on the stick are streaming perfectly at a higher resolution etc

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

No harm in trying if you have a good wifi signal on the Amazon Fire Stick in the room it's located.

Other things i would temporary try is maybe using the Google DNS server on your Fire Stick and if you have mobile internet data try a wifi hotspot between your smartphone and Amazon Fire Stick just to eliminate a conflict between the NOW App and your Router.

I did a search on the NOW Community Forum with the message you are seeing and only found a couple of forum members using their PC's with the NOW service with no solution from what i could tell.