cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV smart stick question

On Start Up after putting the notified code on the website I am asked for address & payment details but I am already a member and have paid via TalkTalk so if I insert the payment details will I be charged twice?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you able to “close” this message and take you to the homepage?

If so you can then scroll to the bottom till you see the options where you can select “account” in there you can sign in with your usual log in information.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

With the NOW Stick you have to go to the NOW website and activate the six digit code and if you are not on the NOW database it asks for your personal details and bank card details.

I don't think it recognises if you are billed by a third party and you can insert these account details instead.

@Anonymous User NOW live chat might be your best bet before you register the new NOW Stick.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Thanks mate, to be honest I haven’t used my smart stick in over a year. Just now collecting dust. For the life of me I couldn’t recall the set up process for the stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be honest I am not one hundred percent on this one, where the NOW branded devices was initially catered for NOW subscription before NOW brought on board third billing parties such has TalkTalk for example.

If the NOW Stick was already used previously then it would have been straight forward by signing in your TalkTalk account login details on the previously used Stick.

If it was me I would also ask the question over on the TalkTalk Community forum.

Should you go ahead and register your details then add a payment pin to this NOW account and if you are forced to start a free trial then cancel it straight away.

Then go into the NOW Stick and under the My Account tile box, sign in with your TalkTalk login NOW details.

Also perhaps jump over to NOW live chat for another workaround or if you are forced to create a NOW account then after you got the Stick running then ask NOW live chat to get your NOW created account removed from their database.

Do you want a link for live chat to see what they say before you add your details by registering the NOW Stick?